Will Trade: Random Covid Info for Targeted WDW/UOR Info (aka Land of a Gabillion Silly Questions)

I think it’s fine to order kids portions or to split entrees. I think when you eat out you eat what you want. If you want to tip more you can but I would not think the waitstaff and chef expect it. I have come to the point (I used to work in restaurants so am always a good tipper) that the point of eating out is for us. And I will tip well accordingly but we will eat the amount of food we want and of the type we want.

4 Likes

Ok. I’ve finished my first vetting of the F&G booth menu list. I’ve narrowed it down to 67 items I want us to try. :joy:

Even splitting between 7 people in place of two different lunches and the adjoining snacks, that’s too many, I think? :cry:

5 Likes

I will be doing the same with Food & Wine (not to mention the WINE part lol)! I don’t even know what all there will be but I already have the Greek booth tagged. :joy:

1 Like

I’m using the Food & Wine app to tag things. It’s helpful, but I wish it had 1) pictures 2) a bit more filtering functionality

2 Likes

I downloaded that app when people started talking about it.

I created a Google Sheet for my trip. One of the tabs is just going to be my F&W priorities! :joy: Then I’ll tag my choices in the F&W app.

1 Like

@DumboRunner @PrincipalTinker
Is this new??? Have I been rescued from the ambiguity? (They also have To Go, also new?)

ETA: Looks like To Go was added when Trattoria was added. It was briefly mentioned in that thread and I missed it!

2 Likes

Goodness, I almost feel like I need to double check every single detail of my trip the week before! :scream:

2 Likes

When people think of Geyser Point they think of the bar area. I think of it as it opened: a QS window with a drink refill station and the bar/seating area where how you are seated, the hours they serve food and similar operations have changed over the year.

The window (I believe) is now open for mobile orders. How that impacts where you can bring that food (are the tables in that area reserved for GP guests that are seated by CMs?) is my questions. There should be tables outside at Roaring Fork.

3 Likes

That is new, and great!

1 Like

Yes, you could order food for “take away” and take it elsewhere – there are also chairs and seating areas in front of Geyser Point by the water that are nice., also over by the pool – I don’t know if you can take food into the pool area for sure but I would think so so that’s an option too maybe

1 Like

When I first went to GP it served breakfast since RF was closed. Over the years I have generally popped over on every trip for a night time visit. Sometimes they have served food, sometimes only drinks- I have learned never to count on knowing how they are doing things.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you are asking if the walk-up waitlist is new specifically for Geyser Point, but I did the Walk-up Wait list once this past weekend (for Tony’s at MK). Joined the list shortly after they opened and was told there was a 60 minute wait and they would text me when the table was ready. I got the text in about 12 mins.

Yeah, specifically GP, compared to whatever odd system (or lack thereof) they have been using. Hopefully it will work as smoothly as what you experienced at Tony’s!

Ah, good point. So if the waitlist is long, could pivot to To Go and take to eat at RF or one of the other areas y’all mentioned.

At least the options seem a little more standardized at this point! We’ll see how that plays out in real life.

We’ve never visited WL before, so happy to wander during a virtual waitlist though!

1 Like

@Tall_Paul1 @gingerSnaps543222 or anyone else that knows stuff!

Thanks so much for your input on ride intensity at UOR! I think I’ve got my Disney TPs mostly sorted so I’m back to working on UOR.

Bilge Rat Barges
Ripsaw Falls
JP

How wet are we going to be after those as far as clothes? (I’m planning to bring flip-flops or the like to change into to protect socks/sneakers.) Since it’s June, will we even care? Should we just plan to bring ponchos to use? (I’m hoping to avoid bringing entire changes of clothes for all 7 of us!)

1 Like

Although I love Universal I have only been on JP, and I did not get wet- at all. The people in front of me got splashed but no more than Splash Mountain.

As you near the other two attraction you will see people waddling away from the attractions. They will look like they stood for 5 minutes, fully clothed, in a shower. Have fun!

3 Likes

I didn’t get very wet on JP. I don’t remember how wet I got on Dudley Do Right. But on Popeye’s, even with an emergency poncho i got soaked. Water got around the edges, and it wasn’t long enough to cover my skirt, which got super wet.

1 Like

Soaked on JP and Barges for us. We were in front row on JP and got so splashed my contacts nearly washed out of my eyes! I was “lucky” enough to get under the waterfall on Barges. :joy:

1 Like

i once got front row. I was supposed to be second row, but the first row people pushed ahead of me to join the second row people, so my only choice was the first row. Most of the water splashed over me, so I didn’t get too wet.

3 Likes

I almost lost my glasses in JP when they got knocked off my face by the water! Luckily we were able to find them under the bench, because I can’t see a thing without them.

2 Likes

For us half of the fun is getting soaked! We do these rides last before heading to the hotel. They do have giant driers at the exit of the attractions, but they are quite pricy so we never tried them

2 Likes