Will I regret dropping 1900 Park Fare?

Our second trip is in early May, we will have 3 full park days. Myself, DH, DS16 and DD6
Our original plans were:
Arrival day: pool/relax HDDR for dinner
Day 1: MK, 1900 PF for dinner
Day 2: Bon Voyage Breakfast, HS in early day, Epcot for dinner/evening
Day 3: DS and DH to SWGE, DD and I to MK, no TS meals planned, Epcot in evening and Frozen dessert party.

DD6 has been lamenting about how we didn’t get to go into Cinderella’s castle during our first visit, and she really wanted to. I asked her what she wanted to do on our special “girl’s day” at MK and she said she wants to see Mickey, ride all of the “not scary” rides, and meet some princesses.

I was able to book a breakfast reservation at CRT for the two of us on day 3. I figured this way she could finally go in the castle and we could see most of the princesses. It’s still crazy expensive, but breakfast is the least expensive meal there and it’s just the 2 of us, instead of the whole family.

Now I’m wondering if we should drop 1900 PF and maybe eat somewhere in the park instead on day 1.
I’m sure it would cost less to eat somewhere like the Plaza than a character meal, and if she’s already meeting Cinderella do we really need to meet her twice? This would also give us a little more time in the park.
I was really looking forward to meeting those step-sisters…
What would you do?
If you think you’d drop 1900 PF, what TS restaurant would you choose in MK?

Edited to add: We do not have the dining plan

The steps weren’t even there when we went. If you’re looking to save money, I’d drop it. You can always do it next time.

Plaza dinner is very good, we love Liberty Tree Tavern but always do lunch because DS won’t eat the platter.

1 Like

We did 1900 Park Fare in 2017. We were NOT impressed. Of course, I have two boys, 9 and 14 at the time. But the food was average and the atmosphere felt cold and crowded. I’d skip it in a heartbeat.

Last trip - on our first MK day, we ate at the Skipper Canteen, but it was a bit pricey. Tony’s is good as we have had that in years past.

1 Like

I’d skip it. The steps are pretty hit or miss, in my experience (and like missoverexcited’s trip they weren’t even there one of the times we’ve been) and the dinner food isn’t that great.

2 Likes

Thank you for the replies, I feel much better about cancelling now! I am going to book the Plaza for dinner.

1 Like

Be sure to check out the latest menu for the Plaza, it just changed, and not necessarily for the better. See the Disney Food Blog article here.

1 Like

was going to mention the same thing! Some of the items I was thinking of ordering are gone, we also are doing dinner there. Im going to keep it but agree, if you haven’t looked lately the menu just changed.

1 Like

We did it and the only food I remember was the strawberry soup. As for characters, the step mother sized up DS12 and one of the step sisters tried to pick him up. He was SO embarrassed. Not much interaction with DD9. The service was pretty slow, just for drinks and check. If we did the CRT, I would definitely drop 1900PF.

1 Like

Wow - not much love for 1900 here. I personally wouldn’t do both but always heard good things about 1900 and thought it would be a good alternative to CRT.

2 Likes

I did think the food was very good, but our primary reason for choosing dinner was the step sisters and they weren’t there. It was just me and DS11 so no interest in princesses. We chose breakfast on our last trip instead and loved it.

1 Like

We didn’t see the step sisters or the mother when we went 3 years ago. Not sure what changed but I thought CRT was way better than 1900 fare. Each princess came around and met us where as in 1900, I felt like you barely saw anyone.

1 Like

By dropping Park Faire you give yourself the opportunity to stay out at MK as long as you want to. That is a big plus.

5 Likes

I was thinking this too. We have such a short trip, I thought it might be better to maximize our park time.

1 Like

We pretty much always do 1900 Park Fare. Ate there September 2019. We go for the Tremaines. We saw them the last 7 trips - since 2010.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if they weren’t there. I think I’ve read that the Fairy Godmother or Suzy or Perla could be there and we’re good with that.

The variety of food suits us. It used to be mostly Mediterranean entrees which was great. The menu changed a few trips ago but still great food. I’d much rather eat this buffet than Liberty Tree Tavern or Garden Grill family style.

Which is what makes WDW good. Everyone’s mileage varies and I’ll take your spot at 1900 and you can have mine at LTT.

1 Like

I don’t know how important it is for you to meet the stepsisters and/or if you’re willing to wait in a line, but they meet regularly in the park by the castle wall behind Cinderella’s. I think they meet once an hour for about 25-30 minutes or so and take a longer break in the middle of the day. We waited in line for them for about 15 minutes and had a lovely interaction - one of my favorite meet and greets. They alternate with the Fairy Godmother.

1 Like

I forgot about this option, thank you! This would be a fun way to still meet them. :slight_smile:

1 Like