Will a Minnesotan Melt in August?

What is Merlock?

BG 1. More info in La Cava.

BG 3 for Guardians, 8:30 Remy LL this morning. Merlock FTW.

Now if it could save me a walk across Epcot, that would really be magical.

6 Likes

Also, at TTC at 7:05 for monorail to Epcot, being held before security. EE is at 8:00.

2 Likes

:laughing: Nothing like doing a full loop of the park first thing in the morning! We did it twice last week.

1 Like

There used to be double decker buses at Epcot.
And two Friendships.

At MK there used to be a train (I know I know. It’s meant to come back). And buckets.

Nothing like that at HS or AK.

Internal transport really was a thing at one point.

3 Likes

Headed to EPCOT for some evening fun. What’s a good spot to catch Harmonious without having to scope out a spot an hour early and maybe set ourselves up for extra evening hours?

1 Like

Well, back to work after 10 nights at the Poly. I thought I’d leave some random thoughts, musings and learning.

-Merlock is amazing and made getting the first LL/BG a sure thing. I only used MDE when I had to for dining or an ILL.
-Our MB+ order shipped two days before we came home but my payment was refunded and got a credit at the Poly front desk for the difference for her preorder price for the ones we picked up on property.
-We bought a new backpack before we left that we thought we’d use for water bottles, sunscreen, ponchos, etc. After one morning of the heat my wife decided it was way too much to carry. She also had a sling back she picked up on a whim and wanted to give that a try. We ordered a Camelback from Dick’s through Instacart that was delivered while we swam. We had my 11yo wear it the rest of the week and it worked great. We filled it with ice each morning and afternoon so it was coolish for him and cold to drink for a few hours. We called him the Water Sherpa.
-Everyone’s feet came out in pretty great shape considering we averaged 20k+ steps everyday. I’m definitely a fan of body/foot glide. My wife swore by her Allbirds and the kids wore Crocks most days.
-Guardians is by far my favorite ride now, even over ROTR. I’m pretty much a chicken for thrill rides but loved it so much. I think we went on 6 times during the trip and only had one repeat song.
-We shipped home two lightsabers we built (amazing experience), two droids and a Mando helmet from the gift shop at Poly. $40 for all that and no hassle on the plane! Might be the best value on property, but save your receipts!
-MCO really is lacking decent options for dining/beverages once you get through security. Waits for the two restaurants in our terminal were 45 to 90 minutes. I guess I’m spoiled by MSP, but it sure would be nice if they could handle crowds better.
-We did late night hours at Epcot and MK. Epcot was not really worth it. TT and Remy still had 45 min waits and our BG for Guardians took about 30 so you really can’t get much done given the distances. At MK we hit Splash at 10:45 with a LL (Merlock FTW), then hit Pirates, 7DMT, WTP and Big Thunder 2x before we ran out of steam.

7 Likes