Will a Minnesotan Melt in August?

Completely off topic, but I just need to say this, I LOVE your profile picture. It’s the cutest! Don’t you think @LTinNC82 ?

3 Likes

You know I love Stitch!

4 Likes

Thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: my trip is in a week so I figured it was time to upgrade from my “letter” profile picture. Now I’m just hoping I get my matching magic band in time!

3 Likes

One thing we noticed when our kids were little and we took afternoon pool breaks was that the time spent in the pool (in the sun) wiped them out! Like, after the pool everyone had to take a 2 hr nap if we wanted to go back to the park. I haven’t heard anyone really talk about this, so it may be just us, but something to consider to maybe make your afternoon break much longer than you planned.

6 Likes

Thank you for the advice. Since we have a long trip we’re going to adjust and change pace as we go.

1 Like

To rope drop AK and HS from Poly would you recommend car or bus?

We’ll have a rental car for our trip.

The bus is always cool.

But then we’re not big fans of driving/navigating WDW.

Experiment. :blush:

1 Like

When I rope drop I usually go with an Uber or Lyft, but if I had a rental, I would probably go that route. Serious question, are you (or whoever is the driver) going to be drinking? Or want to​:joy:. Might be something to consider. Actually, that’s why I usually go with an Uber or a Lyft.:beer:

1 Like

Definitely not in the morning. If we drink we’ll take Disney transportation.

Just be careful and aware if you start to feel heat exhaustion. I say this as someone who grew up in GA and also lived in FL awhile. Lots of AC places in WDW to duck into if needed.

2 Likes

Made it to the Poly today. Does anyone know if you can listen to the Enchantment music from your room? We couldn’t seem to find it.

1 Like

Stopped for Tonga toast before rope drop. Overestimated our appetites and ordered two for the family.

Current view ahead of us for Fantasyland.

3 Likes

YES! Feet up the wall for 15-20 minutes each night helps tremendously!!

(It’s just what it sounds like. Lay on the bed (or floor - either works) and scoot your butt up to the wall, putting your legs straight up.)

3 Likes

What time did you get to RD for this position?

This. :+1:

Or if you have such a thing as an extra pillow, stick it under the mattress about where your knees would be.

1 Like

EE was 8:30, we got through tap styles about 8:00. Were off Mine Train around 8:45.

3 Likes

Pool time at Poly now before evening at Epcot and an ILL for Guardians. My son and I are so pumped!

5 Likes

I’m a Texan and after my June and August trips to Florida this year, I’ve decided to limit my Floridian travel to winter season. But if you prefer and take breaks and go easy you can still have a good time. I just much prefer my time there in the winter. I may live in this heat (it’s hotter but drier here) but I stay indoors all summer long unless I’m in the pool.

1 Like

HS day today and it hasn’t been too horrible.

Rope Dropped MMRR, then hit TSMM, used Merlock for an 8:30 SDD LL then ASS. Got in ST, Oga’s (SW nerd dream come true), ROTR ILL at 12:00, and MFSR at 1:15 using Merlock. Mixed in was a stop for Ronto Wraps (awesome) and Baseline (also awesome).

On the bus from poly back to HS for another round of LL for MMRR, TSMM and ASS.

5 Likes

Rest day today. Plan for night swim last night spoiled by weather (boo).

Wife is taking daughter to GF for a manicure this morning. Son and I will hit the pool for a bit before heading to Wine Bar George for lunch.

More swimming this afternoon and hopefully Trader Sam’s before Kona dinner.

8 Likes