Wilderness Lodge Experts

Ooo, I’ve never taken the EP to HS boat! We’ll definitely have to try it!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t count on park reservations going away. There may be some modifications to the rules down the road, but it sounds like Disney likes them for giving them the ability to manage crowd levels.

1 Like

Considering DL APs are being sold with Park Reservations as a component of what each tier includes, I think they are here for the long haul.

1 Like

We have stayed at WL a couple dozen times since 1994. We have never had an issue with the boats. However, none of our stays have been post-covid–so I can’t say anything about how things are running now. Every trip we talk about staying at the Poly or somewhere else. We just love the feeling we get at the WL and we always end up there. Our girls are grown now, but they always go back to the WL when they take their grown-up trips.

2 Likes

Park reservations are absolutely staying. Just got done listening to the Q3 call. Reservations are being used to help manage capacities in the parks and based on what Bob C said, it sounds like they will be using them as part of Genie.

2 Likes

This is not a surprise. I said many weeks back that park reservations actually gives Disney BETTER control over parks than FastPass+, which was the only way they could get some level of understanding of what crowds would be. With Park Reservations, it frees up the ability of them to use FastPass (or any derivative of it) any way they want without it impacting how they can monitor/control crowds in the parks. In fact, park reservations can potentially benefit the average guest as a result.

3 Likes