Wilderness Lodge Experts

Ok so I’m trying to decide between Contemporary Resort or Wilderness Lodge …
How accessible to MK is Wilderness Lodge? I know Contemporary is VERY accessible, but are the boats to Wilderness Lodge pretty abundant?

2 Likes

A short boat ride. Been there done that.

Contemporary is a short walk but boring theming.

I never stayed at the Contemporary, but it seems WL wins overall.

WL is my home and always has been. However, I’m excited to try the Contemporary next year so I can walk to MK and use the monorail to HS and EP. WL is lovely and a real experience but CR might be more practical depending on your needs.

Also, the boats from WL to MK work well if they are all running. We waited 45 min to an hour because they were not all running and it wasn’t clear that was the case.

2 Likes

We had similar experience once. Watched 6 boats come/go for camp grounds and nothing for WL. Boy the line was getting mad about it too. My DH said, “never again!” to WL boats.

1 Like

Wow, how did I get this lucky? We only had good experiences. Maybe I won’t be staying there again after all.

1 Like

I have never had a bad experience either. I have stayed at BLT and WL. I love that boat ride.

3 Likes

We have stayed at WL twice over the years, and visited by boat even more than that I don’t remember ever having an issue with them.

2 Likes

I have stayed at WL once and the boats were frequent and quick. However, you will ALWAYS encounter transportation issues from time to time, so just keep the worst case scenario in mind as a possibility.

I stayed at BLT one night on my recent trip and I loved being able to walk. There is simply no comparison to walking when it comes to having control over your fate. Even the monorail sometimes has a long line or breaks down.

As far as theming, I much prefer WL. However, the rooms at BLT were very nice, and my kids picked it as their favorite room our whole trip. The beds were super comfy.

WL also wins on cost / value.

4 Likes

Just remember they have bus transportation to MK too. I forced my poor Aunt who was deathly afraid of boats and water to use them first few days of our trip there in 2015. Didn’t realize until like Day 5 that they had buses. I’m still sorry for that mess up. :pleading_face:

4 Likes

I also told her there were no Alligators in Bay Lake and Sevens Seas Lagoon (obviously I knew that was a lie…but thought buses were only way to get to MK from WL a d I had to get her on the boat oops)

2 Likes

The monorail doesn’t go to HS. The closest thing is going from CR-TTC then transferring to TTC-EP, then walking through EP (park ticket with hopper/park reservation required) to IG and walking/boat/Skyliner to HS. But you can monorail to MK!

1 Like

I was there slightly pre-pandemic and then pandemic. In my experience the boats for WL/MK were very, very regular. One would pull out, the next would arrive in 5-10 minutes.

4 Likes

I swear I ran across someone lamenting zero boats from wl to mk right now? Might be staffing. Check closely since disney has not ironed out their bare bones staffed woes.

1 Like

Sorry, meant monorail to EP and can then Skyliner to HS.

Was just at WL 3 weeks ago and boats didn’t run after 7pm at all - which was a real bummer. We waited about 20-25 mins each time in the morning.

1 Like

Were there storms at night? Boats stop in lightening.

1 Like

Be careful with this approach. You’ll need to walk through Epcot for this to happen, meaning an APR for Epcot and then hop to DHS which can only happen after 2pm with current rules.

4 Likes

IIRC, the lament was that there was no boat from WL to CR.

No storms (at night) was told those were the hours that the boats ran from MK to WL b/c of covid they were limited.

I’ve stayed at both and I prefer the WL.

Keep in mind, all my experiences are pre-pandemic.

WL ferries were running very regular and on time, they were pretty quick. The only time we had to wait in line for a ferry was at the very beginning of the day. Riding the ferry from WL to MK is scenic and was one of the most enjoyable parts of our stay at WL.

We once toke a bus from WL to MK, extremely quick, maybe 5 minutes travel time.

Yes, walking from CR to MK is close, but a dull experience. Also, IMHO, the walk is just a little too far for me to be considered convenient, maybe it’s better starting from BLT but if you are over on the Garden side of the CR, that adds several more minutes.

1 Like