Why is Dole Whip the stuff of legends?

Agreed! My DD is allergic to pineapple, so I get to enjoy ALL OF THE DOLE WHIPS in August. All. of. them. But if we had them here in MI, meh.

To the original OP. You are lucky. If I could get one down the road, it might not be special. But I’ve been able to find them anywhere but at Disney…

What’s the difference between normal and a float?

Please tell me the legend ice cream is NOT floating in a carbonated liquid. That would be awful. I hate spiders! Best thing to have to induce theme park vomiting!

No no. The float is the “ice cream” on top of pineapple juice. :slight_smile:

Usually looks like this:

1 Like

phew!

That doesn’t sound nearly as bad as what I was mentally picturing!

I’m revisiting this old thread because I discovered something amazing. Contrary to what I had read somewhere (which apparently was completely wrong on this matter) the Dole Whip does not contain banana.

I’m allergic to bananas. Significantly so, so after whatever it was I read (some time ago now), I just assumed all this talk about the Dole Whip was something I’d never get to experience.

But come to find out that has PINEAPPLE flavoring, and not banana. This means a Dole Whip is now in my future! (I like pineapple a lot, so I expect to enjoy this.)

4 Likes

You Will! !!