Why does AKL close so early (7pm) during spring break?

Yeah there’s not a lot at night at AK. But there is Pandora and Tree Of Life. And you can’t have those with daylight.

2 Likes

I’ll miss you by 4 days :sob:. Currently trying to decide what to do with the 8 hours I have between when we get off the Dream in Port Canaveral and when we have to be at MCO. Things are so much easier solo LOL. Uber here, backpack there. With a stroller, luggage and an ECV, I’m lost!

1 Like

They just extended AK until 8:30pm for the week of 3/6 - 3/12. I’m sure it’s coming through at least mid-April.

4 Likes

So I see the AK hours for the last week of April are 9 - 7.
That’s opening an hour later and closing an hour earlier than in the beginning of March.

They are aware of how daylight works right?

1 Like

They just extended the hours for early March. They seem to be doing it a week at a time every Friday.

5 Likes

OK. That’s just a weird business practice especially since they’ve been holding off on posting the hours until 60 days out it seems.

2 Likes

It’s different here than in Canada

2 Likes

Ah yes. I’m used to that metric daylight

1 Like

You’re one of my favourites so I don’t want to contradict you, but this is bollocks.

They close the trails and KS early, but there is no reason to close the park as a whole early. Pandora was designed to be seen in the dark, as was Awakenings. They have closed AK much later than 7pm in the past and, indeed, ran Disney After Hours there with a 11pm or even midnight close.

@OBNurseNH is nearer the mark.

4 Likes

I completely agree! I thought it was insanity too!

But she said it so convinced in her thought, and literally ran off as she was speaking over her shoulder. I had no data to contradict her, but I like your way of thinking much more than hers!

1 Like

In April/21, I believe the AK hours ended at 7pm for us. We had dinner reservations at Y&Y near the end of the night.
No, they don’t let you take the long way around thru Pandora. They have CMs blocking paths to go directly out….which was a bummer.

I like your FoP idea!

Now im just trying to figure out how a 659 line time would work with rider swap for fop… i would be annoyed with me if i was a cm lol

How late have they kept AK open, as a rule? I know I’ve been to an AK after hours event before so I know they can keep it open later, but there are NO safaris during those late evening events. I didn’t try the trails then either, but I don’t know how well-lit they are to be able to walk them in the dark.

I’ve been when it was open until I think 10. This was back in the time of Rivers Of Light. I saw the show and then also watched tree of life for a while and still left before close. It was in April when the sun would have set around 8

1 Like

During my trip earlier this month there were some 8pm closings.

1 Like

The hours were updated yesterday, which has been posted, but I can’t get over the 7:30 AM OPENING for our trip in early March! 7:30 AM for regular opening??

so, early entry for resort guests is at 0700 :grimacing:

I do remember when RotR first opened that HS was opening at 0600, did that once… yuk, could only get one family mbr to join me and good thing b/c that DD was able to snag a BG that morning.

1 Like

I know! I saw the 7am EE and my hopes for rope drop dissolved in an instant. It would be a very hard sell to convince fam to walk out door at 6am…

2 Likes

They just extended everest refurb through may so no hope of another people eater opening in early/mid april

1 Like

Oh nooooooooo :sob::sob::sob:

Well, that’s one less attraction to try to work in

2 Likes