Who's Cancelling/Changing? Late April/Early May 2020

We’re supposed to go 5/15-5/23 and I’m feeling pretty pessimistic about it. I’m moving forward with all the planning but also have a backup trip booked for October.

1 Like

Hi, same boat as you , booked April 27- May 4, I think there is no way they open up then but who knows, not canceling yet just in case, but most likely will due something later this year, be safe all.

I was booked to arrive April 21. I hadn’t canceled yet, simply out of denial. It seems that Disney has canceled for me. I noticed a credit on my credit card this morning. Checked My Disney Experience and the reservations are gone. Anyone else seeing anything like this? Did I miss an announcement of the closure being extended?

Another weird thing is that I do not have all of my refunds from trips canceled in March. We had several short trips planned since our DD was in the Disney College Program which is why I had several stays planned.

1 Like

Late May here and losing faith. Not canceling, but planned a back up in late July. FP day is in a few days and it makes me sick to think about getting up early to book them for a trip I doubt will happen…

Not Disney related, but the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs announced it is closing for the first time in its 100+ year history… For 2 months! Things like this are making me feel like late May is in big jeopardy.

1 Like

Hmmm…my April 10 trip is still showing in MDE.

1 Like

It’s just me. I must have canceled and just don’t remember. The trauma of canceling all of my Disney trips has caused my mind to block the memories, either that or I’ve just lost my mind all together. Either is possible :joy:

5 Likes

I think it is quite understandable given the craziness right now.

We have a trip booked for Mid-May, haven’t cancelled yet but we know there is no way this trip is happening. At this point it is highly unlikely that the parks will even be open. With everything that has happened in the past couple weeks we cannot see any way we would still be able to go on this trip in May.

I been checking every day. Fop was booked but for the past week I saw a few pop up. Millineum Falcon same thing. Just now I saw Mickey and Minnie pop up for late afternoon, first time. So I think some people are cancelling. This is for a trip 2nd week of May

Same situation here. I am holding out hope for the end of May with backup booked in November. It is the unknown that bothers me so much. :cry:

1 Like

Was scheduled for May 2 arrival - all ADRs and FPs were done and I was happy :slight_smile:

My MDE “My Plans” is now totally empty. My refunds are starting to come through as well. :frowning:

I rescheduled for next year.

I am figuring that we won’t be able to travel all summer. Looking that the forecast from the scientific community, I am resigning myself to either a 20/21 winter trip or summer 2021.

don’t have much hope. just canceled last week of April to May 2nd. Had great fastpasses too, including MM Railroad. oh well. trying again end of August.

My hope is rebook for 3rd week of June. Barring that, it will depend on how long WDW is closed. My AP expires July 1 + however many days WDW is closed. At least I’ve learned that when I cancel my flight, I have 24 months to use the credit. I didn’t book FP+; but have yet to cancel the ADR’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (for April trip I know is cancelled given the borders are closed for at least 30 days + no flights)

Which airline is giving you 24 months to use credit?

I’m supposed to go in late April too. I think Disney will remain closed but I’m just waiting for them to cancel on me so that the ticket I bought for someone gets extended. We have a mid-June trip booked, too. I think once they release AP discounts for past July 9th, I’m going to shift it to the end of July, beginning of August. I honestly don’t think at this point I would feel comfortable traveling in April and maybe not even June. We’re all just waiting around to see, I guess.

On a side note, Disney is my coping mechanism. With all the uncertainty in the world, I’m sad Disney is closed but glad I have places like this to share my feelings and worries. Thanks everyone.

4 Likes

Westjet

I bought our date based passes from Tripster (thanks Ticket Calculator!). I’m sitting on a will-call e-voucher. Am I correct that if I wait for future closures the dates on the passes will be extended? Indefinitely, maybe? I can cancel them one week out from our check in date, but if I can just do nothing and then be able to use them in the future, I’d be happy. See, I’m just a lazy procrastinator who’s in denial.

Same, @meatsquatch78. Same. [quote=“meatsquatch78, post:29, topic:71569”]
On a side note, Disney is my coping mechanism. With all the uncertainty in the world, I’m sad Disney is closed but glad I have places like this to share my feelings and worries.
[/quote]

1 Like

Still booked for May 8-13 for now. Will make the choice about actually going later but back up trip is already booked for mid October. Kicker is that I scheduled our May trip over my DS 3rd birthday (trip starts when he’s still a Disney infant) so if we have to cancel, any later trip means paying for tickets and a meal plan for him :neutral_face: best laid plans!