Which WDW or DL castmember position would you want?

:rofl::rofl:

A whole hour?? That is nothing.

I mean it should have been ready for sure.

But what I’m talking about is people still waiting for a room at 8, 9, 10pm

1 Like

It didn’t matter to us in this case, since we were still at USF when it happened…but it is just a change from all our previous trips, when we would get our room ready text early.

I sure hope they got comped for that night, and maybe the next, too.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

No

1 Like

Minnie Van driver. You’re in air conditioning all day and if you get a terrible guest, your time with them is limited!

8 Likes

I’ve always said when I retire I want to go down to WDW and work as a greeter at a resort. Not sure if that’s actually an official role or not but that’s my dream.

Least desired- blue umbrella, I try to be extra nice when I’ve had to visit them because I’ve overheard some really nasty interactions from frustrated guests

7 Likes

No joke - when I was there in February I went to the blue umbrellas a couple of times when they were not busy. I said, “You guys are in charge of resolving problems for guests, right?” and of course they affirmed that yes that’s what they do. I told them, “I just wanted to say that I’ve had no problems at all and I’m having a great time, and thanks for all you do!” They got a kick out of it :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I should do that sometime! I believe it’s so important to affirm others and be a force for positivity in the world. There’s plenty of the opposite to go around.

6 Likes

I love this. :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

I looked in at the Harmony Barbershop in December just to say hi :wave:! One of the CMs there knew Mikel and we had a good time reminiscing. For years our group would rope drop the Barbershop, cuz no reservations. Nearly everyone in the family had at least a do.
Mikel and DH always cut up with each other. The CM I was chatting with said “they” took away all their fun props like the big red plastic scissors. :confused:

3 Likes

Sigh…. Long story but 6 months ago was actually offered my dream position working as a civil engineer in WDW. Had to turn it down, but the interview, visit, etc was the coolest Disney experience I’ve ever had.

17 Likes

I’d work at the Haunted Mansion. Not the poor CM who has to walk backwards all day, reminding people to watch their step, but one of the positions up front loading folks into the foyer and telling them to move to the dead center of the room.

When I grow tired of that after a couple of weeks, I’ll go work in the Batuu Creature Stall where I’ll get to make up stories about the loth cat’s nighttime adventures that have made her so sleepy today.

Then maybe I’ll join the Voices of Liberty. (I can sing alto - probably not good enough for this group, but we’re dreaming here, right?)

And when the public has completely ruined my faith in humanity, I will go work behind the scenes at AK taking care of all the non-human creatures.

10 Likes

That’s was my thinking for saying Philharmonic Marching Band

VoL and Dapper Dans is a bit too far out of my wheelhouse even for dreaming

4 Likes

That is the coolest thing ever! But it begs the question why you had to turn it down? I assume it was the prospect of moving your family? That’s the main reason I would turn down a job offer.

3 Likes

Exactly. We are very close with both our families and so to move away permanently was too hard for either my wife and I. We thought we might be able to do it for 3 years and then move back, but that didn’t make the most sense financially considering housing near WDW is very expensive.

5 Likes

10 Likes

I would make a special trip for this. :rofl:

5 Likes

Me, too. :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

So that’s where you’ve been!

5 Likes

If the pay is commensurate with the position in this fantasy, I’ll take Iger’s job.

8 Likes