Which resorts do you think are the most convenient at WDW?

I am not saying this is great for park travel but to let others know.

I always stay at All Stars Music. It is very close to animal kingdom and one of the water parks.

I both drive and use the buses. It is about 5/7 mins to ak. About 5 to blizard beach i think. About 15/20 to disney springs, epcot and gollywood studios. 20/25 to the ttc. Buses are about the same once they arrive. And usually do not share a bus except for the early and late times. My times might ne a little off it has been a little to long since i have driven/bussed it.

1 Like

@carthy15 I think Yacht Club or Beach Club for that age would be the best. They could go to Epcot or HS on their own if you felt comfortable with it. Plus the lazy river is pretty cool at Stormalong Bay and the Boardwalk has some fun activities. I personally alternate between Contemporary and Beach Club. Walking to the MK from CR is pretty awesome - I almost feel like I am cheating when I wander into the main entrance on the Contemporary Resort path and avoid all of the crowds of people getting off of boats, monorails, and buses.

3 Likes

It really depends on what you define as convenient - we don’t mind taking busses to all the parks, but we absolutely love being able to walk to Disney Springs and all the food options there. For that reason we find SSR very convenient, and it’s something DH especially misses whenever we stay anywhere else.

Depends on what parks you will visit the most. I think the Poly is most convenient because of the monorail to MK and also you can walk to the TTC and hop on the epcot monorail. It’s also more centrally located so bus rides to Hs, AK, and Disney springs are shorter.
Of course beach club and boardwalk are walking distance to Epcot and HS so if you are planning to spend more time at those parks, then they would be more conv3nient resorts.
It’s always a tough choice isn’t it?

I would have said Beach Club for sure before our most recent trip. We just returned from a stay at the Poly and I really loved it. I thought the resort was beautiful, the rooms were really nice, and the combination of the monorail to Magic Kingdom and the short walk to the TTC to get to Epcot was great! My husband gives the nod to the Poly. I would says it is a toss up for me between the two. I could stay at either and be really happy.

Also I think if you are like my family then park hopper makes a big difference to where to stay

We love to dine in epcot and so we stay beach club, yacht club or swan/dolphin with park hopper and that means we don’t need a day in epcot and can also go in HS in evenings

Meaning we can do days in AK or MK and evenings in the walkable parks etc

Without the park hopper the convenience of two walkable parks loses its benefit somewhat IMO

All UK guests get park hopper included when we purchase tickets normally as standard

No doubt we probably pay more than US guests?

We also get the memory maker photos included in our ticket deals as standard as well

Shhh, but we pay less per day than US ticket buyers, because we come for longer (on average) and they would really like us to keep coming to WDW instead of elsewhere! If you work it out per day and look at the US rates you’ll see what I mean.

And that isn’t allowing for the fact that you have to be really unlucky with timing to not get a 14 days for 7 or 21 days for 14 offer.

1 Like