Which park reservations?

We’re booked to do our first DLR trip in September. We’ll have three days of park hopper tickets (Sep 19, 20, 21). Our park reservation window just opened. I’m thinking 1st day DL, 2nd day DCA. 3rd day? I figured the third day would be doing things we missed or want to do again, but I need to pick which park for the reservation. Since we haven’t been before, I’m not sure DL vs DCA for that third day’s start.

1 Like

DL is always busier. If you have the option to start there, then you should.

FYI - I’m still planning my 1st trip, but have asked a million questions already! LOL!!

2 Likes

Third day DL. Are you staying on Disney property with early entry?

1 Like

I would say do DL for the third day since there is more there so you’re more likely to have things to catch up on. We’re using the DL/DCA/DL reservation strategy with three day park hoppers on the trip we started today since it worked well on our trip last summer.

With the 11am park hopping time, you should be in good shape either way though so go with the park that has the higher number of priority things you want to be able to hit during the low morning crowds

2 Likes

You’re an expert already! I seriously can’t wait until you finally get to come see it. And I hope it behaves and gives you a good fill of Disney.

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly endorse all the above to do your 3rd start at DL. I prefer my first & last mornings to be DL starts. And as pointed out, with the earlier 11am hop time it doesn’t feel as cemented which park is your starting park, cuz you can hop right at 11am and try to get in a few things still.

And if you really decide you want to modify to DCA, they now have a modify button so it’s not as high stakes an operation to drop & then pick-up a park reservation. And if you’re an on-site hotel guest then there’s almost zero risk as the pool for them is never ever all taken up.

1 Like

Yes, we’re splurging for GCH. We had extra money from not being able to travel during covid.

3 Likes

There are so many attractions open in DL for early entry, for sure I would make DL your starting park for your 3rd day.

We srayed at Paradise Pier our 1st trip. Stayed at Grand Californian in 2022 and earlier this year. Loved it. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel in August.

2 Likes

So what we did our last 3 day trip was start at CA as there were only 4-5 rides (all Genie +) we wanted to do there. So we roped drop what we could and then Genie + the others. Left for DL by 11:30 and already had a Genie + reservation for the other park as you can get them for the other park once the return time for the ride you want reaches 11am.

1 Like