Which Order to Book ADR

I’ve never been to Yak and Yeti or Skippers Canteen, wanted to try these two places along with some that I have been to often- Tusker and Via Napoli. What order would yall book these 4 restaurants? Want to make sure i’m not underestimating popularity of one of the two I have not tried.

1 Like

VN, TH, Y&Y, SK is my thought.

There are so many better choices than Y&Y. You won’t miss anything but the AC on a hot day. Normad lounge has better food

Really? We really liked Yak and Yeti.

OP you can also get a Landry’s card if you have trouble getting Yak and Yeti.

1 Like

I stand alone on this forum for my dislike of Yn’Y. Maybe a few others too (most ppl don’t speak up though), but DDs and I each ordered a different dish to share and try, 3 different dishes, and all 3 dishes were bland & tasteless, some parts inedible. Another example of me going against the norm here is Bn’C… another poor place to waste food dollars on.

1 Like

We thought that Y&Y was fine, nothing that we would go to again. Nothing wrong with our meal, but my thought was this is overhyped. I would much rather eat at Tusker House.

1 Like

oh… I totally agree w/ you! Tusker House is better.

1 Like

There are places I don’t like that others do. We went to Yak and Yeti because I like Asian food. We really enjoyed our meals. We ate at Tusker House and I thought the food was bland there. The characters were fun. But we were ok with not going back.

We also couldn’t stand Mama Melrose, which was one of the worst restaurants we ever ate at anywhere. I also was not a fan of Rose and Crown.

1 Like

Yep, it’s tough giving someone else a recommendation since we all have different preferences.

1 Like

We liked Y&Y when we went at the beginning of August. But I’d probably put it last on the priority list as you can always just get a Landry’s card which will give you preferred seating for up to 6. So if you miss out on an ADR you have another option there.

But NOT the current iteration of TH breakfast. I am a longtime huge fan of TH but the breakfast is so basic right now and not worth it.

The dinner is a little better.

But for the best of this type of food, have you considered Boma?

1 Like

I like Boma too. Tusker house was a breakfast meal but we did Boma one night and enjoyed that as well. I can’t remember everywhere I’ve ever been on property anymore and some places don’t even exist any more. My DDs still call HS MGM.

I will say skipper canteen often has day-of reservations available - they don’t book up. For example, right now at almost 4:30 pm I can still make dinner reservations for 4 people for today. The food is great though - but I’d say do that one last for sure. You’ll get whatever date/time you want most likely.

You know I have to pipe up and say how much I disagree. Y&Y is one of my favorites, I would never miss it (but you already know that about me). We will be eating there Friday, maybe you should join us and I will order for you so you can experience what I do. You have to have the duck if you want the primo experience!

2 Likes

I had totally forgotten about you telling me about the duck many moons ago. I do like
Duck. It’s been years. Very tempting

1 Like

You should join us. I had eaten there before but it wasn’t until I went with @Wahoohokie and she told me to order the duck that I understood her love for the place.

1 Like

I love Tusker, its our usual go-to, but since its not the usual buffet we were thinking to try something different in AK. I think i’ll go ahead and try Yak and Yeti. Ideally, i’d love to go to Boma, its my favorite buffet at WDW, but transfering to AKL and then back to BLT just feels like a hassle sometimes.