Which Lightning Lanes skip great queue theming?

The Dumbo playground was open when I went in early June 2023. You’re better off waiting standby if you want to go in the play area because most of the wait is before the play area, but if you have a LL they might let you duck into the play area and then go back to the LL check-in when you’re done playing.

For this one you skip it completely in the LL queue. If you want your kid to play in any of the areas, you would have to go through the standby queue, then exit back to the LL entrance when they’ve had their fill. If the line before the play area is long, come back later.

1 Like

Thanks. Thinking we may LL dumbo and just ask and standby WTP.

1 Like

I think I go to Dumbo too early Both times was before 10am.

2 Likes

Ah that’s probably why.

1 Like

The indoor Dumbo playground has always been a hit with our family, as adults get a quick a/c break and the kids play area is fun, especially for the older kids. For the toddler, the little circus ring at the front is super cute and would surely be entertaining for around 5-10 minutes. I agree that, given the queue set up, CMs would probably allow someone with a LL to go straight into the play area for however long you want and then line up for the last short bit when you’re ready to ride.

I personally don’t think the stand-by queue for WTP is worth more than 10 min wait, especially for a toddler (who is probably a bit young for the interactive elements and would mainly enjoy climbing into things). But every kid is different, maybe look at a video walk through and see what you think?

2 Likes

Bumping this to see if there’s any new opinions.

I’m also surprised to not see FOP mentioned. I have only been on it once (and it was five years ago) but don’t remember seeing much of the detailed queue when using FP+. Where does it drop in? I’m not sure I even saw the floating Avatar in the lab.

1 Like

After a couple visits, I can answer my own question now!

Here are the attractions that have great queues that LL’s skip, by park. This may be incomplete as I might not have experienced every queue, or my memory may be wrong. And it is, of course, just one person’s opinion.

MK
Peter Pan – charming, interactive

EPCOT
Guardians – FOR SURE – LL skips the setup before the pre-show
Frozen – esp. if you have kids, but you’ll at least get to see some of it via LL

HS
Rise of the Resistance – great theming and easter eggs
Smugglers Run – great theming, set pieces and easter eggs

AK
Everest – one of the best, most detailed queues, sets up the ride story brilliantly
Flight of Passage – LL skips a huge, cool set piece

HONORABLE MENTION (aka GOOD BUT SKIPPABLE)
Jungle Cruise (lots of details and sight gags throughout)
Big Thunder (a few fun details and some interactive elements [if they’re working])
Seven Dwarfs (for kids – w/ interactive elements)
Winnie the Pooh (for kids – w/ interactive elements)
Remy (some fun displays/details, but you can see some if not all from LL)
Test Track – pretty sure you won’t be able to design your own car via LL (if that matters to you)

Anyone, please chime in if I left something out.

5 Likes

I could be wrong but think that’s only true for single rider.

1 Like

Yes, sorry. That’s right.

1 Like

Forgot to address this. FoP drops you in pretty much right before the briefing room, if memory serves. You miss most, if not all, of the good stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks for this, just in time for my trip. I had forgot to consider the queues.

You bet. Have a great trip!

2 Likes

Frozen has some cool stuff to look at in the line but you do get to see some of it when you do the LL.

1 Like

I will say…I wish I could have skipped MORE of the GotG queue when we did the LL. I find the acting on the part of everyone entirely cringe-worthy. In the LL, you still get to see the “interviews”, just on much smaller screens. And the big preshow room (which I won’t say anything about to avoid spoilers, other than) has some of the most cringe interactions.

I wish the LL would just bypass any and all preshow.

The ride itself is great.

2 Likes

[I agree :grimacing:]

Yeah…subjectively, part of me agrees. Objectively, the queue explains a lot about what building you’re in, where it comes from, etc. IMO I’d do the full queue at least once.

2 Likes