We have a split stay booked at BWV/GFV. We added another single night (thank you enablers- you know who you are) at POR.
Well… I told DH yesterday that the extra night was at a different hotel. He was disappointed that we are going from GF to a moderate. Well you don’t have to tell me twice to switch it to a deluxe. The problem is that we are super spoiled with our DVC rental prices ($380/night at GF and $240 for BW). I paid $300 for POR.
Should we upgrade to YC or Poly for another $200 and call that last day a resort day or keep POR and add another day of tickets which is also $$$ since we bought our original tickets before the price increase?
Oh and another important detail. The Poly reservation is a confirmed DVC rental which means we will not be able to modify it if something else comes up that may work better (another single night at GF) but YC is fully refundable. They are basically the same price.
Also, another side note… I recently received some concerning health news that makes me want to say fuck it to being so conservative with money. I guess you could say this is my current coping mechanism.
Sorry to hear that, but I totally agree with your fuck it mentality. Unless it’s a totally irresponsible move in some way I say splurge. Poly, WL, and YC are my favorites so I am absolutely no help on which one though.
I hope everything turns out okay, but I kind of agree with seizing the moment. The world is in such turmoil … I would probably lean towards YC just to have the flexibility to cancel if that one night at GFV happens to turn up!
This is totally understandable. That’s why we are going on 4 trips between now and the end of the year: Loch Norman Highland Games (weekend), HeroesCon (3 days), WDW in July, UOR & WDW at Christmas. It’s so easy to say, let’s wait, but if last year taught me anything, strike while the iron is hot.
Sorry about the recent bad news! Hope things turn out better than expected. If you’re holding out for an additional day at GF, book YC for refundable price. If you’re satisfied with any hotel, just deluxe, Poly all the way!
I think this is where I’m heading. We will be checking out of GF and going to MK that day, so riding the ferry/monorail back to the Poly that day sounds dreamy. Plus we can sleep in our final day, lounge by the pool, have dole whips, and ride the monorail around if we are bored.
Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes. It really sucks to be in limbo. I go for an appointment tomorrow and my anxiety is through the roof but… on the positive side… I just booked the Poly for the add on night! It’s definitely helping me to channel some positive energy.