Which Do you Like Better? A quick survey

Option A!

And I agree that color coding always makes things better.

2 Likes

Option A

Option A

Option A

I like the small outlined heart over the filled red heart and it visual ties better with the rating.

Option A. It’s cleaner and easier to read :slight_smile:

Option B

Ditto what Bethhampton said.
“I like the Expected wait time, Posted time and FP+ information being all together. I also like having more space to put information on when to ride. It would be difficult to put “Wait to ride. Shorter lines occur soon.” in the smaller space.”

My emphasis: seeing the two wait times next to each other are critical because if you want to say average the two together, it is much easier at a glance.

3 Likes

Option A

1 Like

Option A

Suggestion: Flip Flop the “posted wait” and “OUR SUGGESTION” sections. Put the Posted Wait under the Expected wait and move the suggestion next to the “Next FP+”

Also - can we choose the background color? Purple doesn’t seem to fit with the normal TP color scheme :slight_smile:

I was wondering what green will look like with the purple.

Option A

Option A

Another vote for A!

Another vote for Option A - very easy to read

Option A

Option A

Option A.
Agree with color coding for ride now etc, would love to have an option to hide rating, height and description so that I can see more attractions at once

4 Likes

Option A

Though, what is this, exactly? Is this just a list of rides available at any current time?

If so, I feel they’re both giving a bit too much information to the user than is needed at this “quick glance” level.

For example, if this is just a list of lines that someone is using in the park to try and find something to do, I don’t think the star rating, favorited, or restrictions are all that important when glancing through wait times (which is, what I presume, is this page’s primary function?). Would it be possible to tap into the entry and get that information? (If so, you could then also include a little photo of the ride on top.)

What does Next FP+ refer to? The next time you have a FP for the ride or there’s available FPs available in the system and it’s finding them? If it’s the former, as that is only for a max of 3 rides at any one time, I kinda think it’s wasted space on 90% of the other rides where it would say “none”, and thus would also need to stand out a bit more. Would it be possible to have that sitting more as an overlaid graphic? This way it would stand out more and free up even more space on the rides that don’t have FPs.

For the Ride Now, I think it’s kinda getting lost in the sauce, so to speak. Would it be possible to color code it instead? Ex. Green: Go Ride, Yellow (or red): Wait a bit, and White Means: It’s a long line and not worth your time looking at. Almost like the heat map for the Crowd Calendar?

I threw together a quick example of what I was thinking. The “ride info page” would contain the detail info and leave this page to just basically display the wait times and where the user should be looking next.** The FP+ overlay time would need to be a bit more detailed so it’s obvious what it is, but I think it’d be ok sitting on top of the static and repeating “expected wait” text.

ETA:**i see that the current app does this. So yeah, keep that functionality. :blush:

2 Likes

@Randall1028, do you usually use the TP app in the parks ? This is what I usually look at instead of MDE:

I use the app, but only in regards to my plan anymore and in-the-moment-optimizing. Rarely a general look at the available rides. In fact, pretty sure I haven’t looked at the general list since 2016. Why?

Broadly speaking, the purpose of the page is to help people decide which attraction to visit next.

They may be using a touring plan, and just checking the current wait for the attraction they’re headed to. Or they may not be using a plan at all, and trying to find something for their family to go on now.

A significant number of people using the app will be visiting a Disney park for the first time.

3 Likes