Where to get a good 2nd choice steak?

My son-in-law is a meat eater going there for the first time…we know about Le Cellier at EPCOT but if we can’t get a reservation there…what is a good 2nd choice? Thanks! Joe

I gave up ordering steaks at most wdw restaurants. A few do a wonderful filet, ( Jiko) but that is not my favorite staeak. A lot of the others are good just not hat I want in a steak. The exception for me was the stark at Mama Melrose. I do not know why but I have tried steaks at many restaurants and I prefer MM to Yachtman or just about any other place on property.

Thanks! That is one of our resturants on our list…any opinion about Paradise 37? Its one I am lookig at right now.
Joe

I have never tried the steak there. They have an extensive menu! I will admit though personally I love too many other DS restaurants but I have friend that love P 37!

I loved the filet at the Brown Derby, but I’m not an expert on steak. Also my friend swears the NY Strip at Sci Fi was really good, but I’m inclined to take that with a grain of salt…

2 Likes

Most steaks on property are average with your local chain steak house. I can’t say I’ve ever had a really bad one. I am, however, one of the few that really disliked MM, the food to me was very mediocre and we had terrible service.

Brown Derby was very good when I last had it (~5 years?). The New York Strip at Mama Melrose’s is good, although not really exceptional - we’ve always had a pleasant meal there. I’ve heard good things about Boathouse and Coral Sea steaks as well, although I did fish at Coral Sea on our visit.

Le Cellier is our favorite steak - since they went to 2 credits on the meal plan it’s usually a fairly obtainable ADR now. If you have trouble, check slightly “off” normal eating times and I’d expect you’ll be able to find an ADR…

I had a pretty good steak at California Grill once. And I had one YEARS ago at Artist Point in Wilderness Lodge that was so good it brought tears to my eyes. Don’t remember what kind, but I’m betting a filet. Can’t vouch for the quality there now, though. It was over 10 years ago.

1 Like

@jbrew if you really like your son-in-law and you want to stay in the EPCOT area then try Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club or Shula’s at the Dolphin. If your son-in-law is just ok then Beaches and Cream should do :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The filet at CG is excellent. I was a bit disappointed in the steak at Narccoossee’s. Yachtsman, Shula’s, and the Boathouse all get very good reviews, but I haven’t had a chance to try them yet.

I have read rave reviews about steaks at CG, Artist Point, and Yachtsman

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions. I think we might try all of them!! But, he’ll have to pick up the tab.

The filet at California Grill last week was incredible. It was head and shoulders above the filet at Brown Derby a few days later.

1 Like

I’ll be eating at the Boathouse tomorrow night; review to follow…

1 Like