Where should we plan to eat? 183 days and counting!

Yes that’s the timing we wanted to visit when the crowds are low–but we went in a similar timeframe a few years ago and fantasmic does pack in. It’s not offered every night so that may impact it. Thanks for the input it’s helpful to bounce ideas around!!

1 Like

Looks like fantasmic is scheduled every night the week we are there so that shouldn’t be an issue! Are the parade schedules accurate this far ahead?

1 Like

For Fantasmic I would say probably, if anything they’ll add a second show like they did on our trip. Heavy rain is really the only reason they would ever cancel it.

1 Like

We’ve done Akershus, BOG (lunch & dinner), 1900 Park, H & V, and Chef Mickeys with kids 2 & 4. I thought H & V had the worst food wise (kids eat the same thing regardless of location so only judging adult eaters) but kids loved seeing the Disney Jr characters. Only one we’re repeating next trip is Akershus BUT we have 2 girls who adore princesses.

2 Likes

Well it’s defiantly American but HDDR is great

3 Likes

We have done Akersus twice so I want to try something new although that is such a wonderful experience!! Do you recommend BoG for lunch or dinner?

Ok Boma or Sanaa for dinner? The bread service is so popular at Sanaa but I don’t think we can get it with the dining plan can we?

I think we will do Garden Grill, 1900 park, crystal palace and H&V for character meals. Then Biergarten, BOG and either Boma or Sanaa. It’s a lot of character meals but it’s a convenient way to skip lines for character meets and entertain the kids during the meals.

It’s hard to resist Akersus but I feel we should branch out, I’ve taken my daughter twice and I’m sure we will do the princess meet at mk and Ariel on her ride.

I didn’t really consider any dinner shows. My kids are still relatively young and since the days are long in the parks I guess I don’t love the idea of going somewhere other than our own hotel after the park. I think it maybe a next time for us. My mom always loved the HDDR!!

1 Like

I agree with @Camsdad. HDDR was one of our favorite experiences of the entire week. The whole family loved it (girls ages 8, 6 & 2). We did it on our light MK day and took the boat from MK, so it was a relaxing excursion from touring on our feet. And the food was great and plenteous.

2 Likes

Took me I think a day to determine what HDDR was lol!! Sounds like so much fun!!

I agree that Tusker House at Animal Kingdom would be great for your kids. Donald, Goofy, Daisy, and Mickey come around to each table to get pictures with the kids. It is buffet lunch and has African inspired fare with some “safe” choices like turkey, macaroni, and mini corn dogs for the kids. We had an early lunch (11AM) and it was very nice.

1 Like

Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge. Decorated beautiful at Christmas.

We have stuck with tusker on our schedule!! So many good reviews! We will do garden grill as well so will get to see most of the Mickey crew.