Where should we plan to eat? 183 days and counting!

I have an 8 yo daughter and 3 yo son – love doing character meals but we’re not big breakfast eaters. We did Akersus last time and Cinderella’s castle so think we want to try some new things this time. My husband and I love trying different types of food (not just standard American). We will be staying at AKL. What should we not miss this time?

I really enjoyed The Garden Grill in Epcot, which is a character meal. In MK the LTT is very good.

1 Like

Crystal Palace is a lot of fun with Winnie the Pooh and friends and we liked the food. AKL has Boma, Jiko, and Sanaa, all of which are highly recommended! Raglan Road in Downtown Disney, Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom, Biergarten at Epcot.

Then of course if you want to splurge you can do Signature dining like California Grill. There is no shortage of good food at Disney lol.

1 Like

Try a lunch at Tusker House? Little more out there but good food, and characters.

2 Likes

We did Crystal Palace before but it was very convenient so that’s the one thing I want to repeat! Plus its my son’s first time so he will love that. I want to try BOG and 1900 Park. Biergarten is also on our list!! Any experience with Hollywood Studios restaurants? Would be nice to get the fantasmic package.

How many character meals is too many? LOL

1900 dinner is one of our favorites :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did read that was good! Only I think if we do AK it will be a partial day to eat at the hotel that night.

We want to do that on our arrival day for dinner – check out the monorail and everything on the way.

1 Like

We have eaten at H&V and Tune In. Prefer Tune In, but I hear Sci Fi is better.

1 Like

We did the Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose last time. The food was pretty standard but palatable, the service was slow but again not terrible. Hollywood Brown Derby gets a lot of love but I haven’t tried that one. Actually I think MM is the only place I’ve eaten in Hollywood Studios lol.

2 Likes

Tune in is not on the dining plan :frowning: looks awesome though. I’m thinking H&V would be enjoyed by the 3 yo boy.and it has the fantasmic seating package.

1 Like

Oops sorry missed the Fantasmic package. Sorry. Yes, my kids loved the characters at H&V. Jake is there :wink:

1 Like

Tune In is just the lounge portion of the 50’s Prime Time which does accept the dining plan.

1 Like

How is prime time? I don’t eat meat so the meals don’t really appeal to me, but is it fun?

We didn’t eat anywhere table service last time either! But while we were there I wish we had.

1 Like

I haven’t eaten there but it get’s very favorable reviews as long as you don’t mind the playful nature of it.

I have kids similar ages, and I just asked their most memorable meals and they gave me these in order:
Akershus
Be Our Guest (lunch)
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickey’s
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
50’s Prime Time Cafe

2 Likes

Thank you!! We have many of those on our list!! Although we really don’t eat much for breakfast so want to do dinner at 1900 and dinner at BOG.

What is the tipping point for appeal with the kids for character meals (We have crystal palace and 1900 park planned).

50’s prime time or h&v with fantasmic???

1 Like

Unfortunately, we haven’t done H&V, but since we missed Fantasmic last time, that is definitely attractive to me.

1 Like

183 days from today is early September which is going to be pretty low crowds so in theory you shouldn’t really need the package. We went in early December and took the package but half of the two outside stands were empty during the first of two shows so we didn’t need it. There’s never a guarantee though sometimes it fills up and sometimes it doesn’t.