Where is your line line?

Exactly! Why do they take so long ?

I dunno, but if they sold 5000 watt microwaves, I’d be first in line.

1 Like

I stole this from WDWNT on Twitter. Insanity.

also from twitter…there’s lots to see under this account

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/1079792167235846144

1 Like

What line is that? Three caballeros?

Yup.

Yeah that’s a no.

5 Likes

Like many of you I would say 30 minutes for most rides. I would be willing to wait longer for certain rides like FoP. We visited Diagon Alley a few weeks after it opened and we were willing to wait 2 hours for Gringotts.

30-45 minutes for exceptional rides, but most I would put a cap at 20 minutes. If we do wait in a long line (which is rarely) I try to grab us lunch before and eat in line. Feels like we are killing two birds with one stone. The last long line I waited in was at DLR for Hyper Space Mountain. My sister insisted, despite the fact that we were staying on site and we were scheduled to ride the next morning during ee. The 60 minute posted wait turned into 100 minutes. It was miserable and she kept getting after my boys in line because they kept wiggling and getting fidgety. My oldest has ADHD and it was pure hell for him. I kept offering to take him on another ride, but he wanted to be with the rest of the family. The bright side, DH gained a new appreciation for planning skills. Later in the trip my sister tried to pull the same thing, but this time everyone told her no and turned and looked at me and asked what next. we didn’t wait more than 30 minutes the rest of the trip and this was just after thanksgiving.

1 Like

This. My limit is about 30 mins, but I plan to be back so its ok if I miss something. I have friends who will be going to WDW once or twice during their lifetime … they are willing to wait in much longer lines because if not, they will miss the experience entirely. But people like that generally are not on these boards.

20-30 minutes. Except on our trip last year when my family accidentally waiting 45 minutes for Test Track because we had FP for FEA and there was a posted 10 minute wait but then it went down and instead of bailing they decided they were ok with waiting. I had my 2 year old and we played with everything in the post show area and the splash pad so it wasn’t so bad for me but I felt so bad for my 4 year old at the time! She was so bored waiting in line and then didn’t even like the ride all that much (also turned out she had the beginning of strep throat that became super obvious the next day. Whoops). I think we also ended up waiting 40 minutes this last trip for Anna and Elsa because I couldn’t get my girls to head out of FW and over to WS (after two rides on Soarin’ thanks to GG PPO, then there was LwtL, Nemo, Turtle Talk and then we couldn’t even pass the playground without stopping. Figured at that point it was easier to go with the flow and let the girls watch Tiana in line as much as it hurt my planner heart).

2 Likes

I just got back from DC and waited maybe five minutes to get through security. AAA warned if security lines but with the Smithsonian being one of the few open venues it was out the door when we came out. We we’re close to rope dropping the museum. I opted not to see the trains at the US Botanical Gardens because that line rivaled FOP lines. They had created train stations fro around the country.

I think this is the capitol building. Several of the mall buildings were done like this. The train display must have been stellar.

7 Likes

Oh, I’ve seen that featured on TV, they must do it every year. Yes, it truly is outstanding. We visit DC pretty often as my son goes to a college nearby, and I’m hoping to catch it one of these days. It might be good to bust out a DC TP for days like that!

2 Likes

It is about a three hour drive to DC from the Philly suburbs. We didn’t come all the way up 95 when we came home. I have been quite a few times. Family, scouts or school, relatives visiting from England and a couple of vacation stops. I heard they had lights at the zoo but we didn’t have time to get there. There is always more to see in DC. The Smithsonian museums we’re only funded until the end of the year. They were about the only things open. We toured Alexandria when we arrived.

1 Like