Where is the "heat" map?

Many years ago I remember there was a “heat” map that showed for each attraction the average waits for each hour of the day. This was particularly useful for tweaking a plan without having to use evaluate a thousand times.

Is this still a thing or did I imagine it?

2 Likes

It exactly what you are looking for but did you see this in the app?

1 Like

I remember exactly what you’re talking about and if you can’t find it, they probably phased it out in the new version of the app.

Like what principal tinker shared, this is a similar view on the website version:

https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/attractions/peter-pans-flight/wait-times

1 Like

OMG somehow I was able to find this screenshot from 2015. Dropbox search feature is amazing. This is what you were talking about, right?

2 Likes
1 Like

That is the park heat map that is still available, see below. OP is asking about an attraction heat map that I have never seen.

2 Likes

I think it’s viewable in the app only

1 Like

Like what @Sunshiney_Disney_Momma shared, just look at the graphs for the individual rides. You can just start from the crowd calendar, pick your date(s), and then “view park wait times” under the individual park.

mfsr

1 Like

Maybe OP was conflating the park heat map with the attraction wait time graph. I certainly didn’t remember that the heat map was only for the park as a whole until I looked it up.

2 Likes

Thanks for your responses everyone. It seems that my mind was playing tricks on me but the charts you shared are exactly what I was looking for.

3 Likes

@SneakyPete checking back in here. Thrill data has great heat maps. What I like to do is look back to a similar day of the week or weekend and get that data which should be close to the day I visit.

Here is an example. This is HS from yesterday. The heat map gives good detail on what to expect.

There is even an acual map that uses circles to portray the waits. You can play it through the whole day and it changes every 5 minutes.

As far as heat maps predicting the days ahead, they are not always accurate. It seems that looking at real data from a recent/similar crowd level day is the better way to go anyway.

5 Likes

this is awesome, thanks! I will definitely be using it next time we go.

2 Likes

That is super cool!

1 Like