Where in the world would you go?

I would like to go everywhere! But I often have a hard time sleeping in new places, so I’d love to do a world tour on a cruise so I can sleep in the same bed every night but see new places every day. An alternative would be to take longer trips and stay in a central location and do day trips out. For example, spend one month in Paris to see France & Belgium and then another year spend a month in Rome for Italy, and so on.

1 Like

I think because the UK is so small we do tend to travel a lot! Most people I know always go abroad for their holidays (vacations) mostly they are chasing the sun! Europe is so close and easy to get to and it has a vast array of cultures so even a beach holiday can be a whole new world! I love seeing how the rest of the world operates :grinning: We have never cruised, not for us really…

1 Like

I think that’s a great way to do things! Base yourself somewhere central and tour around… This is so easy to do in Europe and you can cover a lot of ground relatively cheaply. You do need to have a lot of time though!

1 Like

It’s crazy how close things are in Europe!

1 Like

We live in Europe but in the northernmost country (Norway), so we are not really close to anything in Europe… and even further away from Disney World, Florida… But we love going there anyway - as often as we can save up for (every 2-3 years) :smile:

3 Likes

My bucket list is:

1. finish school
  2. visit all 7 continents and the north pole

I’ve been to most of the major cities in the US, several in Canada, and most countries in the Caribbean but I’d still like to take a month and drive from east to west coast then back again, going the northern route one way and the southern route the other way. I’ve also never been to Hawaii.

2 Likes

So true…you do forget how big Europe is and you are on the further reaches! Is Lapland in Norway? Because we have been there and it was magical :grinning: We go to Disney every 2/3 years too…

Depends on which Lapland you are refering to :smile:

1 Like

That’s an ambitious bucket list! I don’t mean the finishing school bit lol :smile: I like the idea of east to west one route and a different route the other way…you would get to see so much…I would like to do that but for more than a month but then I’m greedy!

Ah…had a feeling it wasn’t that simple! We went to see Father Christmas…so wherever he is!!! Also it was a long time ago and I can’t remember… I know it was a tiny airport and we were the only flight in :smile:

Well, the finishing school bit is the most daunting part right now, as I’ve just finished my bachelor’s and haven’t even applied to grad school yet! I could save for a couple of years and take a world cruise that would get me to all but Antarctica and the North Pole, the cruises to which would take another couple of years’ savings!

My current plan is to get my phd, and then win the Nobel Prize and use the prize money to travel.

1 Like

Loving that you’re thinking big :grinning: What is grad school? I’m in the UK so am not sure where that is education wise! You don’t only have to have a cruise either, you can buy round the world flight tickets…my sister done this and saw quite a bit of the world :blush:

That was Finland…! I have never met Father Christmas, that must have been magical… but not as magical as Disney World! (I admit it, I am a Disney addict!)

1 Like

Sorry!! It was a magical trip tho…meeting FC and becoming an official reindeer! But that’s another story :smile: You’re right tho Disney is best…will join you in addict status!

Grad school is what we call the post-graduate program, what you do after your bachelor’s (usually 4-year) degree, to get a master’s degree or doctorate. Medicine, law, and business have their own post-graduate schools.

Oh wow…well done you :grinning: What are you studying?

Thanks. My BA is behavioral psychology, and I hope to get my doctorate in neurobiology & behavior.

Sounds a fascinating subject…really interesting on seeing how and why people are the way they are (I’m sure it’s much more than this!) hope it all goes well for you and then you can reward yourself with that round the world trip after all your hard work :blush:

1 Like