"Where in the World" photo game

Inspired by a photo post by @terp05 in his trip report thread having us guess where he was standing, I thought it would be fun to have an on-going game called, “Where in the World.”

The idea is that someone who is actually on Disney property somewhere takes a photo and posts it here. It is then the objective of those who are NOT currently on property to guess where that person is (that is, what is the nearest attraction, etc).

The poster of the photo can make it as obvious or difficult as they want, but one caveat is not to do something so obscure that it becomes almost impossible, such as taking a photo of nothing more than a rock embedded in the sidewalk, or a fake rock wall with almost no other context. (Although, a caveat to that might be if said rock in sidewalk or fake rock wall is well known in some way!) The point is that it is POSSIBLE to figure it out, but not necessarily easy.

So. Who’s game? :wink: Oh, and much like the Countdown Pictures thread, this is an on-going game.

To start, while I’m not actually at Disney World, this is a photo from our last trip in Disney World (in 2016). Can you guess where we are? (For those who don’t know, in the photo, from left to right: Me, DW, DD13, DS17, DS14, DS6)

9 Likes

FoTLK?

1 Like

Nope. Good guess, though.

2 Likes

Tough to be a Bug?

1 Like

Nope. But you’re getting closer. (literally)

1 Like

Finding Nemo

3 Likes

Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

This was us waiting for Finding Nemo to start. And as a bit of bonus info: It is also one of my first ever selfie-style pictures I’d ever done with the family.

6 Likes

Great idea for a thread. I will be in WDW in just over a week so I will try to post some pics.

1 Like

@ryan1 Thanks for starting this thread! I like the stipulation that you have to be on property. I’m home now but I took this photo yesterday with the intent of using it for this game so please allow me this one off-site post…

4 Likes

Living with the Land :slight_smile:

5 Likes

yes! maybe that one was too easy. but it’s one of my favorites, so i couldn’t resists. it’s one of the few originals left!

4 Likes

Yes. I thought that would be fun…although, perhaps we should allow slight leeway, since most people won’t think to post the photo while in line, etc. So, perhaps I should allow posting the on-site photo up to a couple days after your return home. But the overall idea is to make it SOMEWHAT real-time. (My 2016 photo exception was merely to be impetus to get things started. I don’t plan to break the rule going forward!)

2 Likes

I like this thread. Following it (and wishing I was on site to be allowed to post something LOL).

8 Likes

We just got back from the World. Can I post one my son took for his photography class?

4 Likes

Is that in line for Kilimanjaro Safaris?

7 Likes

Yep. You got it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice one! I couldn’t place it, but had guesses of something in Animal Kingdom, or perhaps Fort Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge. But “something in Animal Kingdom”, while technically correct, wasn’t correct ENOUGH! :wink:

3 Likes

I may be slightly addicted to the Safaris…

5 Likes

Lets see if we can get this game going again.

4 Likes

Flying Fish

4 Likes