Where can we complain?

Hi guys,

So, with the announcements regarding closure of Jack Sparrow’s pirate tutorial, Rafiki planet watch and Galaxy far far away all at the same time (and who knows what else is coming), I was wondering if anyone knows of a way that we could complain about it.

Personally, I would like to contact Disney and tell them how disappointed I am and ask them how they propose to make up for it to my family.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

1 Like

If you just express your disappointment (but not ask them how to make up for it), there is a slight chance Disney might, in fact, create some Disney Magic for you and actually offer you something. Of course, that’s if you can contact them to begin with.

1 Like

Yes, I’m definitely looking for a way to do this but all I can find when looking for contact info for comments/complaints is a postal address which definitely tells you how much they care… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I can’t blame them. If you make complaining easy, people will do it all the time, even if just for fun. But if someone takes the time to write a letter and mail it, chances are the grievance is much more legitimate and worth following up on.

That’s actually a pretty good point…I might write a letter (something I haven’t done for a really long time !!!)

1 Like

It is a dying art, to be sure!

1 Like

WDW.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

The UG also lists emails for specific senior people but I have lent it to my mum.

3 Likes

TheDIS only has Star Wars closing for 5 weeks.

1 Like

Yes, write a letter. I don’t have an address, but we complained a few years ago by letter and |Disney representative phoned me personally and apologised to me and compensated us nicely.
I don’t think electronic letters or e-mails ever work. the old fashioned way works best.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. I don’t know how reliable the ‘‘5-week’’ thing is but it might actually come back right in time for my trip !!!

Emails definitely work, many liners have had calls in response to them.

2 Likes

I just sent a super long email on the website and when I hit ‘‘send’’ the website had a bug and I think it most likely didn’t go through…that’s pretty symptomatic of the whole thing…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat as many of you. Rafiki’s area was a main part of our AK day, and the pirate tutorial was one of my main strategies for keeping an ADHD kiddo occupied while waiting for a DAS return-time to come up.

In addition, we’re staying at Coronado Springs and won’t have access to the main pool.

I’m very interested in writing a letter as way of complaint but I can’t find a mailing address on the WDW website. Anyone have one?

2 Likes

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

2 Likes

I read but can’t confirm that relegating the pirate show and planet watch to seasonal status is part of cost cutting measures in response to the new labor agreement they just signed to increase worker’s pay over the next few years

I guess from a business perspective, as your costs increase, you need to either increase ticket prices or cut back on products and services…

1 Like

Sell their stock.

1 Like

Or you could buy lots of DIS stock. Buy enough and they have to listen to you! :sunglasses:

By my calculations, the Disney stock is worth, in total, about $164 billion. So, if we all pool our money together, we could buy majority stake in the company and then WE can be in charge.

So, just for the sake of argument, let’s say that about 1000 people on the TP forums contribute. We each just need to come up with $164 million. Actually, that is to buy all the stock. But if we just need to buy 51%, then it really becomes a bargain at just $82 million each!

That’s a solid plan, but I think I’ll use my $82mil to book private parties with attractions of my choosing and no lines. Sorry everyone, I’m selfish like that!

IDK. I seem to recall that Steve Jobs got a seat on the board and something of a forcing opinion with a mere 7% of the stock - as he was the largest shareholder by owning 7%.