When You Have Stacked LL Reservations

Thanks Everyone for the help you provide here. It’s going to make our DLR experience so much easier.

Here’s my question…it’s hypothetical, so it might not be possible in practice, but I want to understand how the rules around reservations work…

If I have a stack of untapped reservations, then I begin tapping them, let’s say two within one hour…can I then add a new reservation after each one of those tap-ins, even though they’re just half an hour apart? Or do I have to wait two hours after making my first new reservation, regardless of having used and removed an older reservation from my stack?

1 Like

Your timer to be able to book a new LL reservation is based on the most recently booked LL. It is the sooner of 2 hours after booking or tapping in for that LL.

So when stacking it is advantageous to make your last LL booked before you start tapping in to be one that is coming up soon. That way you can tap in for that one and immediately book another one.

Just a note on stacking at DLR: You have to enter a park at least once before you can book your first LL. Unlike WDW, you can’t start booking at 7am from your hotel.

1 Like

Just to clarify, when you say “enter a park”, you mean passing through security to wait for the rope drop, not actually crossing the rope line to begin your day… no?

1 Like

Yes, scanning your ticket at any of the park entrances makes it possible to buy Genie+ / ILL and start booking. This can be done at Disneyland main gate, any of the three DCA entrances, or the monorail station by the Disneyland Hotel.

You do not have to go through the rope at the end of Main Street to start booking. They just check your room key for EE, not your ticket.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, there are security checkpoints before the turnstiles that don’t scan your ticket either, so just going through security is not enough to start booking.

2 Likes