When we go the distance, we'll be right where we belong - a trip report

I don’t disagree that there are negatives…but I think most people don’t realize that there are in fact positive reasons as well.

1 Like

Positives and negatives to everything of course. 2 pm is just late, especially hopping to AK when it closes early. If it has to stay, I would like to see noon, with the reason @mikejs78 mentions being a big part of that.

2 Likes

Hypothetically, could EPCOT eateries handle the influx of a significant number of hoppers at noon? I doubt it. It might actually be one of the reasons why 2:00 pm was chosen…to ensure it was AFTER the busiest lunch time period.

2 Likes

Makes sense. Maybe when international cast members come back it could be feasible. I know they have made big improvements, but I also know there’s a long way to go still.

Well I’m exhausted and we have not packed yet, so I’m just going to say that we had the most amazing day, a perfect end to our trip. Two weeks ago I didn’t even know if this trip would happen - and it was everything I hoped it would be.

I’ll post more on our last day tomorrow, but for now I’ll leave you with a few pictures, with more to come tomorrow.

And of course the obligatory balcony shot, one last time.

28 Likes

No! It can’t end yet!! :flushed::sob:

Glad you’ve had such an incredible trip! You deserved it.

7 Likes

Lovely pics! I’m so glad you got there and have had such a great time.

6 Likes

That balcony view is spectacular!
I’m so glad you’ve had such a great trip.
Enjoy your last day…

5 Likes

On the bus yesterday afternoon two sisters were talking about the Cosmic Rewind 1 pm drop not filling for nearly an hour. We surmised that Epcot got hot and lots of folks left.

Another 2 pm drop benefit to Disney is that folks have to either lunch at the park they’re at, a resort, or off property. They’re not accumulating at the most favored lunch spots causing delays to guests and staffing troubles.

1 Like

Well, Disney didn’t want us to leave. As we were checking our bags, our flight was cancelled. We are rebooked for tomorrow, so we got a room at POFQ and are going to spend the day at the pool, Disney Springs, and possibly Epcot (we have one unused ticket day). :man_shrugging:

27 Likes

Now THAT’S nice.

3 Likes

Ordinarily I don’t “like” posts with travel woes, but this one I can totally get behind!

8 Likes

If you are going to have travel issues this is the way you want them to work out!

5 Likes

POSSIBLY?!?!?!?! Why is this even a question? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Universe working in your favor today!

4 Likes

I would not have chosen this, but when life throws you lemons…

lemonade-national-lemonade-day

11 Likes

Take two …

17 Likes

Seems like this was meant to be!

5 Likes

Nice!!

2 Likes

JetBlue?