When we go the distance, we'll be right where we belong - a trip report

Slam. Dunk.

They knew you needed this!!!

5 Likes

Love! We were in a similar area when we stayed. So perfect!!! Enjoy! :clap:t3: :smiley:

5 Likes

What a great view!

3 Likes

Wow! What a phenomenal view! Hope you have a wonderful time!

2 Likes

Fantastic view!

2 Likes

Now that’s the right way to start vacation!

2 Likes

Wow! Perfect!

3 Likes

Rope drop at Epcot today - and a number of attractions were down at opening. TT, LwtL, and the Seas. We rope dropped FEA today (will get to Remy later in the week) and even that had a slightly delayed opening. But we knocked out FEA, Soarin, and LwtL in short order, then used our first LL on TT and an ILL (with rider swap) on Guardians, which I’m waiting for right now.

Seeing Spaceship Earth - just wow.

22 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Cannot wait to hear your thoughts on GotG!

5 Likes

Wow! That is a beautiful view!

3 Likes

23 Likes

Well hello there, World Traveler!

Nice golf ball!

7 Likes

Beautiful sky today!

1 Like

Nice picture :+1:!

These are delicious.

18 Likes

Location?

1 Like

Tanga Tanga tacos at CityWorks.

6 Likes

Guardians was so much fun. I feel like it’s kind of what Space Mountain would be if built in 2022. DW and DS12 both loved it - although once in a day was enough for them.

After that we were originally planning on rounding out with SSE and seas, but we ended up just relaxing and enjoying Epcot - seeing the new entrance area, getting our prerequisite park icon photos, and then meeting some characters. (DS5 is right in that character sweet spot). After all, we are here for a week and have plenty of time. Today was a day to slow down a little.

We went back about 2 for a midday break, hung out in the room, and then went to Disney Springs for the evening. Had dinner at CityWorks for some beers and really excellent tacos. We almost didn’t make it to our ADR because of the Disney busses, we ended up getting there a few minutes late, but enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Afterwards we just wandered Springs (really, we hadn’t been here our previous two trips; the kids had never been and the last time DW and I had been in that area it was known as Downtown Disney). Springs is really nice and I can’t want to discover more of it on this and future trips. We got cupcakes to go at Sprinkles, checked out World of Disney and more.

On our way back we decided to forgo the busses, open the Lyft app, and there was a Minnie Van available, so we went for it. We had a very lovely cast member driver, and DS5 and her spent the ride chatting it up.

We had the cupcakes on our balcony and then put DS5 to bed - he was really dragging. Now we are just relaxing and enjoying the night at our resort.

MK tomorrow!

29 Likes

We really enjoyed DS too and DW is looking forward to exploring more of it. We ate at Boathouse and hit up Salt & Straw and Everglazed Donuts. Can’t wait to see what more is there.

Enjoy the rest of your evening!!!

5 Likes

You can get a Minnie Van thru the Lyft app?! :exploding_head:

2 Likes