When Southerns go to Disney World (Matt Mitchell)

My dad went to UGA and is a laid back fan but my brother is a rabid dawg fan.

3 Likes

My husband graduated from LSU. I graduated from Tulane. Mixed marriages can work. :laughing:

5 Likes

The Dumbo joke is the only one I didnā€™t get.

2 Likes

Same - though my avatar is a saints helmet, I couldnā€™t tell you who the starting QB is this season. Iā€™m much more into F1 these days, and even that is fairly casual.

Every year when the MS teams play each other, there is a rift in the family and they stop talking till thanksgiving or Xmas. Itā€™s crazy that a football team from a school they may or may not have gone to twenty years ago can still have such influence in their lives.

2 Likes

The University of Alabama mascot Big Al is an elephant.

3 Likes

My thought is you should root for your team but not disparage other teams. And family and friends before football.

3 Likes

Oh man! Holidays must be fun, lol.

Eta: oh, sorry. We all joke but never get serious.

My dad and many family are LSU grads. My uncle, Tulane. My sister and I liked to stir the pot. At family events, one would weat the green and white screaming LS-poo! And the other in purple and gold screaming Tu-lame! Got the brothers into all sorts of ā€œconversationā€ :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

New guy, not bad. Cam Jordan signed again. Hoping for a good year.

2 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

Blockquote

The University of Alabama (team name ā€œThe Crimson Tideā€) uses an elephant as its mascot, and heā€™s wearing an Auburn University hat, their archrivals

As a Miami fan, every Alabama homegame where a tornado doesnt touch down in the stadium is a disappointment

3 Likes

:rofl:
Being from TN I find this hysterical.

2 Likes

My wife and I root for different college football teams and different major league baseball teams. When we had our first child, we made 2 rules about our sports fandom:

(1) Root for your favorite team, but donā€™t disparage your spouseā€™s teams.
(2) Root for your spouseā€™s teams when it doesnā€™t negatively impact any of your own favorite teams.

1 Like

Good rules. Iā€™ve seen too much division over sports, especially Auburn-Alabama. And there are wonderful people on every sports team.

1 Like