When Southerns go to Disney World (Matt Mitchell)

My dad went to UGA and is a laid back fan but my brother is a rabid dawg fan.

3 Likes

My husband graduated from LSU. I graduated from Tulane. Mixed marriages can work. :laughing:

5 Likes

The Dumbo joke is the only one I didn’t get.

2 Likes

Same - though my avatar is a saints helmet, I couldn’t tell you who the starting QB is this season. I’m much more into F1 these days, and even that is fairly casual.

Every year when the MS teams play each other, there is a rift in the family and they stop talking till thanksgiving or Xmas. It’s crazy that a football team from a school they may or may not have gone to twenty years ago can still have such influence in their lives.

2 Likes

The University of Alabama mascot Big Al is an elephant.

3 Likes

My thought is you should root for your team but not disparage other teams. And family and friends before football.

3 Likes

Oh man! Holidays must be fun, lol.

Eta: oh, sorry. We all joke but never get serious.

My dad and many family are LSU grads. My uncle, Tulane. My sister and I liked to stir the pot. At family events, one would weat the green and white screaming LS-poo! And the other in purple and gold screaming Tu-lame! Got the brothers into all sorts of “conversation” :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

New guy, not bad. Cam Jordan signed again. Hoping for a good year.

2 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

Blockquote

The University of Alabama (team name “The Crimson Tide”) uses an elephant as its mascot, and he’s wearing an Auburn University hat, their archrivals

As a Miami fan, every Alabama homegame where a tornado doesnt touch down in the stadium is a disappointment

3 Likes

:rofl:
Being from TN I find this hysterical.

2 Likes

My wife and I root for different college football teams and different major league baseball teams. When we had our first child, we made 2 rules about our sports fandom:

(1) Root for your favorite team, but don’t disparage your spouse’s teams.
(2) Root for your spouse’s teams when it doesn’t negatively impact any of your own favorite teams.

1 Like

Good rules. I’ve seen too much division over sports, especially Auburn-Alabama. And there are wonderful people on every sports team.

1 Like