When do we expect Disney hotel availability to open for 2025?

Right now, the Disney site will only allow booking stays through Dec. 31. Anyone know when Disney typically releases dates into the following year?

1 Like

You should be able to call to book room only I think. Packages usually come out around mid June IIRC

2 Likes

WDW changed their booking windows in Aug 2022, so that room-only were released at the same time as packages. No more 499 days rule. Last year, 2024 dates could be booked starting May 31, 2023. No idea what they’ll do this year.

2 Likes

Last year bookings opened on May 31st. They announced the date on May 11th.

Here is the discussion:

2 Likes

Okay. I guess I won’t stalk the site so much then! :grin:

2 Likes

to add, last year was the first year you couldn’t book hotel only reservation earlier than packages. So we only have this one year to base guesses on.

2 Likes

2025 Bookings open tomorrow, 2/27. Plus you get a free water park admission!

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks for this. I had assumed we had some time and wasn’t going to think about it until like May. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It specifically says rooms and tickets though. I am not clear that packages open tomorrow.

Also room only cancellation will be 8 days in advance of travel (vs the current 5 days)

This is a weird one…

3 Likes

They’ve also announced they’re continuing the Early Entry and the Extended Evening Hours (the ones Deluxe guests can do).

1 Like

The addition of free Water Park access on day of arrival is new. Looks like they are trying to entice those who might jump ship to Universal, perhaps?

1 Like

Good catch. Maybe this is their way to return to a longer lead time for booking room only, with packages later.

I’m not sure what they’re trying to do with this. Like I said, it’s a weird little perk. I’d be curious to hear what Jim and Len have to say about it next week.

Personally, I’m still Not using it :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

It seems more “for show” than actually being a practical benefit.

Agree

That could be a good perk for split stays. Switch hotels and go to the water park.

7 Likes

Ah! That’s smart.

2 Likes

glad you mentioned this because booking tomorrow may not be “$200 deposit on a package”, it very well might be hotel room only with first night paid and purchase of tickets at full price…two totally different levels of commitment

1 Like

Thanks for this update! It’s helpful to be able to plan for 2025 :smiley:

2 Likes

Sure is!! :rofl:

I actually am (crazy?!), just using 2024 dates.

1 Like