When Disney invades regular life

Not planning related at all

So I’m driving to work this morning and I happen to notice that the car’s license plate in front of me is CBR. My Disney brain automatically engages and sees Caribbean Beach Resort. Does anyone else do that? Does Disney permeate your everyday life so much that you see Disney related things in your “normal” life?

Also, I was in my bathroom and noticed that I have several hidden Mickey’s in my tile work. Not the shape or pattern of the tile but in 2 of the tiles, there are divot marks that look exactly like a Mickey head.

The Hubs thinks I’m losing it. Cure? Get me to Disney STAT!

17 Likes

Happens to me all the time. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to do a double take at my office when I see a matching acronym mentioned in an email. “Really, we’re going to be meeting in the Contemporary Resort for 3 hours? Bit of a drive ain’t i- …OH…Confrence Room.”

It only started when I started frequenting here and needed to learn all the acronyms everyone uses. (side note: I do think this place gets a little nuts with the acronyms, but I understand why. There’s only so many times you type out “Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party” before you want to strangle something. :slight_smile:)

4 Likes

The one that gets me is on a cruise site where people talk about AK (meaning Alaska). I always wonder first if they’re taking a cruise to Animal Kingdom… until I read it again. :wink:

5 Likes

Every time I go to target, I see Mickey in the bullseyes on the credit card machine screen, DBF thinks I’m crazy! Also at work we use ADR a lot, but I’m a vet tech so it means “ain’t doing right” (used for sick pets who are down and out).

3 Likes

YES! Especially licence plates. WDW, VWL, ETB, WTP, KRR… they all speak to me.

2 Likes

@lgorgone Ha! I’m a vet tech too, and ADR always gets me! I don’t say it out loud though…I like to keep my Disney obsession hidden unless I know I’m in similar company. :wink:

4 Likes

I took an ADR kitten to the vet yesterday. I foster and volunteer at a shelter in town. I feel like such an INSIDER now!! Pip is on the mend though!!

5 Likes

Yes, just the other night at work I was looking at our patient board for the unit and saw not patient initials but all kinds of resorts, parks, attractions, and restaurants within WDW. I have the illness. I don’t care :grin:

5 Likes

Yes! Lol.

I do this way too often after planning our trip. A while back while reading something to my boss at work I read DHS as Disney Hollywood Studios instead of Dept. of Homeland Security. He cracked up and said someone has their vacation on their mind!

3 Likes

I always look for hidden mickeys…it’s amazing how many you can see!
When my DS was small he used to tell people we came from the Magic Kingdom, no hun…the United Kingdom! :joy:

3 Likes

What’s really sad is that I’ve given my sickness to my kids. My DS10 sees the acronyms in the license plates too, and DS5 is ALWAYS on the lookout for hidden Mickeys.

2 Likes