When can we find out what room we got?

We are within 30 days of arrival at WDW, and touringplans.com was able to send our room request in for us (great service!) My question is how soon can we find out what room they have assigned to us? Can we find out now, or do we have to wait until we check-in on our arrival day? Thanks!

3 Likes

It will be texted to you around your arrival time, and you’ll be able to see it in the app.

3 Likes

To add to what @missoverexcited said you only find out when your room is actually ready for you. So if someone was in the room the night before then you’ll only find out the room number once it’s been cleaned.

5 Likes

Thanks for the replies, @missoverexcited and @Nicky_S . To follow on this subject, from what I’ve read and seen about tips to book your room, it would be best if I don’t check-in through the My Disney Experience app because it could override my request that touringplans sent for me. I should just wait to get my text that the room is ready. If it isn’t ready by the time we get there, I should still go to the Front Desk instead of check-in through the app. Does this sound like a good plan?

1 Like

You can check in without making any kind of room request and it won’t affect what you get.

3 Likes

If you have checked in online you will get the text, on arrival day, that your room is ready (or not) and it will provide a number to call and a link to a resort map showing where rooms are located. If you get a room, you don’t like you can go to or call the front desk to see about alternatives.

1 Like

Yes, Disney likes to send this text often. And I also don’t think proximity plays a big role like people think. I have gotten the room ready text sitting in the airport in New Orleans around 11:30am and have had to wait until 6:30pm after I’ve been in a park all day.

Best advice, if you haven’t gotten a room ready text when you get there or do not like the room you received, you can take a trip to the counter to check about a room. You don’t have to. And I would do online check-in before you get there. I do mine days prior. Sometimes a trip to the counter can help you get a room that is more to your liking.They can see what’s available and plug you in.

2 Likes

once the guard at the gate gave us our room number, we were surprised b/c we hadn’t received a text, and it wasn’t showing up in MDE. We should have looked at the map before entering the room b/c we were in the worst location ever. We actually got up at 4 am the next morning and left early b/c we were so disgusted w/ our location… we had to drive for everything, even a bus stop. Good thing it was only one night.

2 Likes

It’s what I have done. I’m more into in person than electronically.

In June of 2022 at Saratoga Springs I had asked for closest to a bus stop. Was puzzled when our room ready text indicated Grandstand. Went to the Front Desk where a CM said possibly they thought you meant first bus stop.

Also arriving at the Front Desk was a person who had been waiting for room ready at the pool with friend. Somehow the CM chose to speak to me first - I got a room in the location I had been hoping for.

The pool woman was offered the Grandstand location and took it. Tho later I noticed they were in the same building as we were in.

1 Like

If you don’t get a tex5 it’s always worth checking n MDE. The room will show up there as soon as it’s known.

Which is good news for international guests who don’t get a text.

We have often run into a case where got our room ready text, but MDE still didn’t show us our room location. We just used the information from the text message. Not sure why the two don’t seem to be in sync.

1 Like

You are kidding, right? Disney IT?!?!?

We were just at DLR. I got the notification our room was ready, but no room number. Ended up waiting in the long line at the check-in desk.