What's your limit?

It’s Disney so I don’t think I have a limit (or haven’t reached it). We’ve been over Easter, Christmas, New Years. When we were there two weeks ago, AK reached a 10 for whatever reason and we still enjoyed it.

:joy:

Right behind you. And sad it is.
I’d rather navigate less freely with more people than zip around with fewer!

1 Like

So I learned something new this week - that my limit is higher than expected. I was in Disney this week (President’s Day week), and the CLs were almost all 10s for every park we visited (with the exception of one of the MK days, which was a 9). And you know what? We had a great time. Because of TP, and our knowledge of Disney, with one exception we never waited longer than 20 mins, navigated the parks like pros, and just had a great time. The crowds were busy, and certain choke points were insane (hello area around the Tangled Bathrooms, It’s a Small World, and Peter Pan), but it wasn’t ever anything where I felt ‘this is miserable’. It was just like any of the Disney trips we took at CLs 4, 5, and 6, just with a few more people around. Planning is a bit more important at this level, but we still got to do almost everything we had planned.

I still don’t know where my limit is, or if I could do Easter/Christmas levels, but for virtually any other time of year, I now don’t think CLs matter to us. I can now say ‘achievement unlocked’: I successfully did Disney at CL 10 and had a great time.

5 Likes

I’m not sure of the busiest time we’ve been in the parks but being restricted by UK school breaks we’ve usually travelled arrive Easter and October.
We were there in may once I think it was, probably 2007 when my DD’s were preschool and on our last day stumbled into the MK and it was mother’s Day! Yikes! No fun with high temps and two strollers, we said goodbye to the castle and turned right around and walked out. Not fun for me.

I think I was accidentally there on a CL7-8 day at MK. That was before you could get more FPP from the app, so long waits for secondary attractions were what made it bad for me. If I could pick up additional FPP and ride IaSW, Dumbo, etc without a lot of waiting, the crowds in the walkways would not have deterred me. We had only 2 kids at that time and they were both in strollers, which have both positives and negatives for crowds. The next time I go we will have a 4 year old in a stroller and the older kids will be 8 and 10, so crowds may be a little more of a problem since I will worry more about losing the kids in the crowd.