What's your limit?

Oh, yes. Heartily agree. We mistakenly tried to do World Showcase during F&W on a Saturday and starting around noon, the place was so packed it was literally shoulder to shoulder. Since we had rope dropped the park, we managed to get all the around (going clockwise) to France before we had to give up and bail…holding hands in a line weaving through the crowd like a snake…but we returned to FutureWorld and it was practically empty!!! (CL levels overall were about a 3 that day, but WS in Epcot was, by 1:00, a 10+ if you had to put a label to it.)

1 Like

I’ve been at F&W in the past. I generally like it - but I’d never go on a Saturday.

My limit is an 8.

When I was in 8th grade we went on New Years Eve and it was miserable and was the last trip we ever made to Disney until I was an adult and started going with my own family. We had gone many times prior to that and loved it but NYE was downright terrifying. Someone got into a physical fight with my mom as we were trying to move through the crowd to leave prior to fireworks because it had become impossible to walk through the park.

I had an offer to go to WDW during spring break this year. My lodging and tickets would have been paid for, but I passed it up because it was all level 9s and 10s that week. I have a trip booked for DLR in May and it just didn’t seem worth it to me to go to WDW during those CLs. That being said, if my ONLY opportunity was to go during a CL 9-10, I would consider it but would be out of the parks by 2pm every day and would only enter the parks at night if I had dining reservations with reserved seats for nighttime shows.

Well for us, it wasn’t even so much people staggering (although there were some)…it’s just WALL to WALL peeps.

1 Like

Thing is, New Year’s Eve is more of a 12 than a 10…

Both. My kids were pretty little at the time (2 1/5 and 5) and the crowds on the paths were hard to handle with a stroller. When they weren’t in the stroller, it was a little nerve-wracking to keep them close. The wait times were very high, and we were only spared the worst of that because my mother-in-law has MS and was allowed to use the handicapped entrance to many rides. That’s the only reason we were able to ride enough rides to get our money’s worth.

yea…i had heard going in how bad it can be on weekends and thought…how bad really… BAD!!!

Good! I’d heard that there were a fair number of drunks. Glad to know it may not be so bad after all! Plus, we’re there during Flower & Garden, that crowd’s probably not comprised of heavy drinkers!

Flower and Garden is much more laid back…

2 Likes

Yeah. Our experience was the same. I didn’t really notice anyone who was drunk. It was just unbearably crowded.

I should have figured that is the case when we arrived at the park and they were already converting grassy areas into temporary overflow parking.

1 Like

We are slaves to the school calendar, so its always pretty crowded when we go. Generally, we go at Thanksgiving, so the crowds levels are high – 8-10s. Sure the park is crowded, but if you use a touring plan and RD, we find it manageable. I also schedule ADRs for lunch and dinner to have a guaranteed sit-down breaks.

I have never been at Christmas and hear that those 10s are worst. With all of the marketing Disney does for the parks, and with international visitors, I don’t know if there really is a downtime anymore.

Food and Wine on a Saturday is the reason it will be years before anyone in my family will go to Epcot with me again. It was absolutely unbearable and I should have known better, but thought to myself “how bad can it be?” Although, it still cracks me up to think of my 7 year-old son questioning what the “bad girls drinking club” is thanks to all the super classy t-shirts.

1 Like

My family too. Maybe it is because we go so frequently to both DL and WDW, but my kids would rather skip something than wait more than 15 minutes. I find that we never have to wait much, with FPP, rope drop, and enough parks days no matter what the crowd level.

1 Like

We have been many times during Flower and Garden. It is wonderful and we always spend multiple days there, including Saturdays. It is not anything like people describe F&W (although I have been to that as well and did not see all the bad behaviors others see). You will love it, the park is beautiful with all the flowers and topiaries, plus we love the food booths.

1 Like

I think I will, too! I’m a gardener so it appeals to me. The only downside is walking around and knowing that 99% of it will not grow in my USDA climate zone. :disappointed_relieved:

Same here, there is no way most of that stuff will grow in Spokane. I can’t fathom living where flowers bloom in the winter!

1 Like

We can only go during Easter week. I was afraid the 1st time but had an awesome time. We walked onto 7D after fireworks one time. With fp and rope dropping we got multiple favorite rides in. Crowds pick up after lunch…we go to hotel to rest and swim. Nice dinner and back we go for a few final night rides and to see the show. We had all level 10 days. Christmas week…no go! But even watching the lines app you can find rides with shorter lines at times. I just don’t want to be in a crowd of “at capacity”. So “red days” are my limit.

If it were just a matter of having to wait longer in lines, I could manage that and just lower my expectations regarding how many rides we will get to do.

It’s the wall-to-wall people and trying to get through the crowd while your being bounced back and forth as you are constantly getting bumped into by people, strollers, wheelchairs.

1 Like

We did Thanksgiving last year for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised by how much we liked it. We may go again this year, as a matter of fact. What was strange to me is that while the lines were longer, yes, the actual flow of people in the parks didn’t feel too much different than when we were there last January/February. Sure, I prefer to go when crowds are a bit less, but we had fun for what it was which was a spur-of-the-moment trip that we surprised our kids with. We rode everything we really wanted to and got many fast passes after the first 3. The only thing I would do differently is plan more sit-down meals since they are a nice escape from the crowds and you have a guaranteed seat.

I can’t imagine dealing with the crowds between Xmas and NYE, so I guess a Thanksgiving 10 is my personal limit.

Lets start by saying that I had swore I would never, ever go to WDW over Christmas time.

Well, that has changed. December 17 - 26, 2016 and December 19 - 31, 2017. We were at Disney World. We had a great time. Reason, we had a great TP and knew that it would be crazy. It is more important to have a good touring plan than the park you pick, by 5 times over. We took our time, yes there were some rude people, however, I’ve went when it was not crowded and there were rude people.

Have fun, relax and most important - ENJOY and Look at where you are

1 Like