What's your favorite thing that's NOT on a touring plan?

I like riding the smaller boats from MK back to WL late at night. It’s a great way to end the day and it makes you feel like you squeezed out all the fun.

On a related note, WL has these magic bars at Roaring Forks that are my absolute favorite. (They’re just 7 layer bars.) We tried driving over to get them one evening and the guard wouldn’t let us in w/o dining reservations (even though this is our home resort, but whatever. We just said “ok, no problem” and turned around.) So, instead, we went back to the Poly where we were staying in that particular trip, took the monorail to the Contemporary and then took the little boat over to WL. There was probably a more efficient way to get the magic bars a little faster, but the hijinks was half the fun.

4 Likes

Magic bars are my favorite! That sounds like a fun side adventure.

1 Like

Wait, i just looked these up. they’re just magic cookie bars? So easy to make. I’ve never made them with the butterscotch chips, but that sounds good, might have to try that.

I’m going to have to check this one out when I go in September.

grabbing a glass of wine at Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar in Italy

1 Like

anyone ever meander out by the tap-styles so they can just listen to the music?

1 Like

I haven’t done that but I frequently pull up the Epcot entrance music on youtube to listen at work. I love that music.

1 Like

Port Orleans French Quarter has a nice bar with a Cajun band.

The first thing I thought of has been mentioned a few times:
The Jumping Fountains at Epcot kinda near Figment. Definitely take a few minutes to time a picture correctly to get an arc of water over your head.

The Green Army Men at DHS, when they do their “shows” they are funny.

At Epcot, the street shows have times. Plan your walkthrough of WS to coincide with the street performers. Do not miss Sergio in Italy, the Chinese Acrobats, or Seveur Amusant in France. DO NOT MISS.

Also, don’t dismiss paying up for special extras. You’re going to pay too much as it is, but WDW “extras” are pretty well done. Tours, EMM, Dessert Parties - things like that.