What's your favorite moderate resort and why?

@felesh When we met that was our first stay at PORS - if I had known I would have brought my big sun bonnet!

1 Like

Loving the good reviews of POR! Staying in December with our family of 5. We were last at BLT, so will take some getting used to the smaller pace for the kids, but this is a bonus trip I didnā€™t think Iā€™d get, so Iā€™m just gonna shut up and be happy!

Last stayed here back in 2000 when it was Dixie Landings (unless I got the two confused again, which happens a lot.)

@MagicMN thought you might enjoy. Dd at 3 for Halloween.

3 Likes

Mousekeeping at POR was my only complaint. It was terrible.

@felesh Really? what happened?

PORS, because of the FABULOUS towel animals. Just kidding. Although the towel animals were amazing, the resort was beautiful and our room was lovely.

1 Like

Port Orleans is my favorite Moderate. To be more specific I like Riverside and the Mansions there, whether they are Royal Rooms or just normal Mansions I love that area. its right across from the big pool which is across from the lobby and main bus stop (tip is always use the South (main) bus)

POR has a good general food court a hidden gem of a Table Service and a great bar with a cool performer (Yeehaa Bob) I find the lounge even better when he isnt there as I have seen him so much sometimes I just want to have a quiet chat over some drinks and not have forced recreation with YeeHaa Bob! lol

Port Orleans Riverside also has one of the best looking grounds on Disney Property. Its really really awesome to just get out and walk around in!

http://instagram.com/p/M1lQB4osAs/

that was a PIc of our Mansionā€¦

and here is a view of the river

http://instagram.com/p/MxzjKaosGr/

That was us at the Disneyland Hotel. So much fun!

POFQ - size and one bus stop. I also really like the short walks to POR and the boat rides to DTD.

Wow! Thatā€™s absolutely perfect!!! And exactly what I picture being at PORS. Eating BBQ on the lawn. Great minds

The tropical theme of CBR is like a little vacation from my vacation when I get back to the resort. Itā€™s a pretty good location for Epcot and the Studios, too.

My favorite is PORS because of all the above reasons that have been listed. However, I am considering CBR just because I want to try something different an love the Beach atmosphere.

@EthicalAddict They just did not do a good job like I have experienced in other resorts. On my daughterā€™s birthday, I decorated the room and hoped for something special. Iā€™m not upset that it didnā€™t happen, but instead, her murphy bed was not even made and all the animals were thrown on the floor. Just disappointing. Only one day were our animals arranged. Most days, just beds made and everything else shoved to the side.

We have stayed at CBR (2003) and CSR (2014). CBR was fine for us, but we loved CSR! The kids loved the main pool, the grounds were lovely, and the room was quiet. We didnā€™t eat at the resort while we were there, so I cannot speak to the food court or restaurants. We were there over spring break, yet it was peaceful and lovely.

I have stayed at POFQ (2011) and POR (2012). Out of those two, I prefer POFQ.

1. We had one of the farthest buildings from the lobby at POFQ (Building 6) and yet it was maybe a 5 minute walk to the lobby and pool and boat dock. At POR, we were in a Royal Room, and across the little lake/pond/water from the lobby and pool. We found it to be a real inconvenience for our family anytime we forgot something in the room (like a refillable mug for example.) Waiting for that member of the party to walk all the way back to the room and then all the way back to the food court: ugh!

2. The number of bus stops at POR! When we went to POR in 2012, we were used to the one bus stop of POFQ. POR had 4 (?) bus stops. Iā€™m not joking, you guys- we never got off on the right stop. Not once! All the bus stops had names like ā€œEast Depotā€ and ā€œSouth Depot.ā€ We just could never seem to get it right! With POFQ, it was 1 bus stop at the lobby. Easy peasy.

3. Just my personal preferences. I just enjoyed the quaintness, theming, and landscaping of POFQ better. I love Princess and the Frog, so I love the theming of both resorts. I just like the simpleness of POFQ better.

No offense is meant to the POR lovers here, by the way. Difference in opinion is what makes the world go round (and what fills up all the different hotels on property!)

Iā€™ve stayed at CSR, CBR and POR. I personally didnā€™t care for CBR and donā€™t really have a desire to stay there again. No problems, just didnā€™t really feel it. My preference is CSR. I love the pool and the hot tub. I think the room theming is nice and not too in your face. I find some of the other moderate themes to be a tad gaudy. CSRā€™s downside for me is that the bathroom only has 1 sink. I would consider POR a close #2 for the beautiful grounds and the awesome boat to DTD.

@felesh Oh man! how NOT very magical! sorry that happened :frowning: