What's your cutoff to make it worth it?

Nope. I’m a proud penny pincher :+1:t2::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

That’s true, there’s that. I do work in plenty of bucket list items but then feel compelled to cancel that out with cheaper options elsewhere on the same trip.

7 Likes

We accounting-type folks have a term for this - immateriality (or materiality) threshold. So basically, @OBNurseNH to you savings under 25% is immaterial and you pass on it. My sister laughs at me all the time cause she’ll say “how much do I owe you for xyz” and I’ll often (if it was like a share of a meal or a drink or something like that) say “meh immaterial”.

I’m probably mid ground for where my threshold lies in terms of effort to get discounts. I don’t do the gift card thing, cause it seems like too much hassle especially since I don’t regularly go to Target anyway. If a new room discount comes out and I already have a reservation I’ll check to see if I could save money, and even if it’s a little bit if I can do it online I usually will. I’ll periodically check SW’s site to see if rates have gone down so I can get flight credits back. I have the Disney Visa, and make sure to use it everywhere I get 2% (cause my other cash back card is 1.5%), but I don’t play the credit card game outside of that. I know I probably should have more than those two, but I’m always paranoid about damaging my credit score by opening too many

But if something is going to take significant time, effort, or brain power, it’s gotta be at least $100 to me, possibly more than that if it’s in the grand scheme of a multi thousand dollar trip and depending on the opportunity cost required

14 Likes

The quality Vs quantity is too subjective really. No concrete measure.

If I offered most kids one bar Godiva chocolate or a handful of Hershey Kisses they’d pick the Kisses.

I don’t want to wait and do one A thing every two years if I can do a B thing
every year. I might not live til next year. Someone could be in treatment next year.

And post-lockdown life I will NEVER put off a good time ever again. Carpe diem.

16 Likes

I’m so glad you used this instead of YOLO :rofl:

15 Likes

Definitely.

The whole reason we originally purchased APs was because we really couldn’t afford to do a lot of travel. Taking a day trip to WDW once a month was our cumulative vacation for the year.

8 Likes

But then you just did :thinking:

4 Likes

No no I wasn’t using it. I was saying it’s a poor alternative to a sentiment that already existed and had a name (it’s a weird pet peeve of my sister and me)

6 Likes

Maybe you should blur it :rofl:

3 Likes

Good idea :joy:

3 Likes

12 Likes

A guy at uni has this tattooed on his arm.
We used to tease him that it meant Seize The Fish.
Now every time I see that phrase I think of Seize The Fish :tropical_fish::rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

Lolz

She blurred it @motherofdaughtersthree

4 Likes

I already posted what I always and forever will think of when I hear that phrase :heart:

3 Likes

What’s this??
At first I thought it was Dead Poets Society.

3 Likes

it is

5 Likes

I missed that.
Sorry if my story was offensive.

2 Likes

Why would it be offensive?

I’m not offended.

Have you met me? It takes kind of a lot to offend me.

Basically: question my integrity and I’m offended. Treat me like a throwaway and I’m offended. Otherwise? Carry on :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Oh wait, Robin Williams!! :woman_facepalming:t4::rofl::rofl::+1:t2::+1:t2:
Sorry, the brain is fuzzy. I think a bronco may have landed on it!!

5 Likes

Yeah, sorry I missed the picture/carpe Diem link.

Anyhow…

Seize The Snarkfish and carry on…!! :+1:t2::blowfish::rofl:

6 Likes