What's your countdown? thread - 9 October

40 days until Disneyland with @93111tink, @Nana2011, and quite a few other Disneyland liners. 173 days until the kids and I leave for Florida. Would love to shave another 3 days off that, but DH would freak if we were gone 2 full weeks. There is just so much to do and we can never fit it all in. Plus plane tickets to get there are crazy expensive so I feel like we should stay as long as possible. My ideal trip would be about 3 weeks- 2 weeks split between WDW, Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, and Discovery Cove, with a week of beach and/or cruise in there. That could only happen in the summer due to kids in school, and we don’t do well in heat and humidity, so is a no-go. Plus the cost would be outrageous. Still want to do it though.

4 Likes

Hope you have a fantastic trip! I think you are very brave to have added the extra day in order to hang out with the Bunga Bunga crew. They seem like great people and certainly have a lot of fun! Would be a blast to spend an evening with them!

2 Likes

That’s right!! 40 DAYS… So excited!! Breakfast at Flo’s one morning, The Big BBQ at the Ranch the next night. Have to hit up Trader Sam’s too :smiley: Thor better watch out!

3 Likes

You’re getting very close now! I always find my excitement levels reduce when it gets that close. You kind of get in ‘sorting things out’ mode. Once you get to the airport and get the bags checked though - woo hoo excited again! Hope the little guy has a great birthday.

2 Likes

@Wahoohokie & @93111tink so are you California locals? So cool that you are having a big meet.

I would love to go to Cali Disneyland, but would have to do a tour of the state too - preferably in a convertible. I have been dreaming of going since I was a kid. One of my earliest memories is of my dad playing Beach Boys tracks (Surfin USA & California Girls are the ones that stand out) on vinyl when I was very little and thinking I don’t where they are singing about, but I want to go!

2 Likes

@Ellen1976, @93111tink and @Nana2011 live in Cali but not near Disneyland. I live in Washington State. There will be a few more out of towners there, as well as quite a few locals who we will be meeting up with. Wish I was a local but my DH is anti-California as well as anti-Disney. We do travel to Cali a lot, closest warm weather place for us.

2 Likes

I am @Ellen1976! I am a Santa Barbarian. Born and raised here in Santa Barbara. If I drove I would be at Disneyland everyday. ( Only an hour and a half drive with no traffic and speeding :wink:) Lots of now liner friends are there almost everyday. With the park being so much smaller than The World they know it like the back of their hand.

2 Likes

That sounds like a lovely part of the world to live!

1 Like

ooh, we were close to santa barbara last year, we were going to go but ran out of time :frowning:
we were at the Camarillo Outlets. I liked those. DH took the kids to the movies and I shopped :smile:

3 Likes