"Whatever just happened...blame it on the pig." - My September Pre-Trip and Trip Report **BREAKING NEWS ON 8/21**

Doesn’t the park opening at 9 that day? I would think that they wouldn’t RD early because of the passholder event

Right.

But I have the 8-9 slot. No one knows yet what they are doing with the 7-8 people when it is the turn for the 8-9 people.

ohhh - now i get it :slight_smile:
I am a little slow today apparently

1 Like

It’s ok. Just blame Pua.

2 Likes

It’s ok. We all have those moments!!

Now I’m beginning to wonder if I should think about changing the 10am GG ADR to a Cape May one at 10:40. I’m not sure that one hour would be enough time to walk from TSL to The Land - at least not and be constantly worried about the time. (And I’m a person who walks everywhere and at a pretty rapid pace.) I’ve looked - there is not a later GG breakfast ADR, and I don’t want to do the lunch one because that seems like infinitely more food.

Hmm…

Woohoo!! Just got notification that the Moana necklace I bought on Etsy has shipped!!

5 Likes

have you tried to change the number of people and look that way? I couldn’t get anything for 1 or 2 at Liberty tree but I could find something for 3. So I booked that, then modified to 2 people. Even though I am 1 person, sometime it just won’t let you book for 1

1 Like

Yeah. I tried all different things. It was 9:45, 9:55 or 12:30.

I decided to change to Cape May. I love that one too, and it gives me a little more wiggle room if I decide to do the Mickey meet in Studios or something.

Given that I’ve made a bunch of that “hike” when there were mile markers in play, I estimate that the distance from the HS main gate The Land, via the walking path and the IG, is about 2 miles. ish. I suspect that you can make that trek in an hour.

Granted, now you’ve changed your reservation, so the issue is moot, but I think you could have made it without trouble.

1 Like

Yeah…I wasn’t sure. And reading on another forum the horror stories about the temporary bus loop which affects the walking path just made me nervous. Also I feel like I’ll be doing my salmon impersonation getting out of Studios - the one lone person going out among crowds coming in.

This gives me a little more time - I’d like to see the new (to me anyway) exhibit that replaced One Man’s Dream and maybe get a pic with Sorcerer Mickey, so this gives me more wiggle room.

I’ll keep an eye out to see if I can find a later GG breakfast just in case.

2 Likes

We just booked a Cape May for the day we drive down. Tell me some things you like about it…

1 Like

Mainly two of my favorite characters are usually there - Goofy and Donald. I’ve always found the character interaction to be amazing, and the food is good too. I mean, it’s a breakfast buffet, but it’s still yummy!

We’re doing dinner there, so no breakfast buffet. I think the characters are only there for breakfast, too. Is that correct? Have you ever had their dinner?

Yes, characters are only at breakfast. I’ve never done dinner there - not a seafood fan.

Just decided to give the ROL Dessert Party a try on Sept 10. I’ll report in on the gluten-free food options!

1 Like

DFG just released a video on all the desserts parties. ROL looked cool. The desserts looked very uniquely decorated.

1 Like

Yeah…I’m hoping my options look as good! :slight_smile:

We did Cape May for dinner on our last trip. It was a big hit with our family. Very good seafood buffet with a lot of selection, not cheap and no characters, but if you’re into lots of seafood options, it’s a good time…

1 Like

I have done all the dessert parties except that one. Not a big fan of ROL but boy that dessert party looks like it may be the best. Interested to hear what you think.

2 Likes