What would you spend a $200 gift card on?

Suppose you’d just booked next year’s WDW vacation, taking advantage of the free dining plan. And suppose you also got a $200 gift card as part of the deal. What would you spend it on?

Hypothetically, the dining plan covers your meals and snacks. Though you might want to throw in some signature dining. But what else would you use the card for?

You know, hypothetically. I don’t know anyone in this situation personally. Obviously.

Can you use it to pay for dessert parties/tours once you’re on property?

1 Like

Use it for tips

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can, but we spend ours on souvenirs. We buy a lot of them.

1 Like

It’s fun money so I would buy something I want but generally wouldn’t spend that much on. For me, it would be a Dooney.

3 Likes

Ooh! Yes. I do like that Dooney action. Maybe a Dooney MB.

2 Likes

I bought a pandora Disney charm! I’m with @OBNurseNH, something a little frivolous :grinning:

2 Likes

Is this hypothetical situation any old $200 gift card, or a Disney gift card?

If it is the latter then, hypothetically of course, I’d use it for all my souvenir purchases and maybe even stop into the Starbucks in Epcot and get myself one of those delectable brownies they sometimes have.

If it is the former, then, hypothetically of course, I’d use it for all my souvenir purchases and maybe even stop into the Starbucks in Epcot and get myself one of those delectable brownies they sometimes have.

7 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

I’d buy a monorail. And Spaceship Earth. And see if there was enough $$ to get Cinderella Castle too.

2 Likes

We had a few gift cards from various rewards last year, gave our kids one each for their souvenir spending, plus I gave one to my wife to splurge on herself which she would almost never do. (And hard a hard time doing even with the card.)

I think I like the idea of having that “whatever” money in your pocket for something cool you see while roaming. I happen to be more of a hat and t-shirt buyer for myself so can’t think of anything large I’d get, but is a nice feeling to just be able to say “Whatever, I’m buyin’ it!” and not worry about any budget.

1 Like

That’s perfect, actually. My DS14 bought the Spaceship Earth a couple years back. Getting the monorail and Cinderella Castle to go with it would be awesome.

Then I’d just need the contemporary to complete the set. :smiley:

It’s a Disney gift card I’m getting as part of a package I just booked after saying I definitely was not going to. Do keep up.

4 Likes

Hey. Be nice. I just needed to be sure if it was a Disney card or not, since my response depended on it so heavily.

2 Likes

I was being British. In Britain, vicious sarcasm is indicative of warm affection.

You’re one of my favourites.

2 Likes

Oh wait. Then THAT was you not being nice?

I’m having trouble keeping up.

2 Likes

Tell me about it. Half the time I don’t even know if I’m being serious or not. It’s very confusing.

2 Likes

The giant Lego castle. Well, the gift card plus all the rest of my souvenir money.

1 Like

I’d want the giant Lego Millenium Falcon, but when we were there in February, it was $799. So we’d need all our souvenir money, the gift card, AND I’d have to tell one of the kids we weren’t going to pay for their tickets into the parks. :wink:

3 Likes

Dole whips. $200 on dole whips.

And mickey pretzels. dole whips and mickey pretzels. $200 should get you…what… 8 of them? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes