What will replace DME?

Those rates are per person, yes?

1 Like

No, when you book a car service like quicksilver, itā€™s one price for the vehicle, your party just has to fit the occupancy limits.

4 Likes

How much is Uber/Lyft from MCO to WDW? I know it will vary with surge pricing but ball park?

Lately from what Iā€™m seeing itā€™s about $85 each way.
Many of the ride-share drivers have switched to doing food delivery like Uber eats. The pay is as good or better than carrying people and less risky bc you donā€™t have to have strangers in your car. This is causing driver shortages and rates are going up as a result.

2 Likes

Interesting! There is nowhere to go here right now so I bet a lot have done the same here.

Thatā€™s a game change then! Thanks!

1 Like

$85 for a one way Uber to or from the airport?? Wow! Thatā€™s more than double what I usually pay.

As @ninjasherrie said, thatā€™s the rate for the car. If you click on the top, there is also a rate for a van, limo, etc.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the pricing as of 12:30pm today. Might be worth trying from home on the day of the week and around the time you expect to arrive. Additional surge pricing can kick in after you order if they struggle to find a driver, so keep that in mind. That happened to me last week in Anaheim. It said ā€œanother driver nearby could pick you up faster for $10 moreā€ and I clicked accept.

ETA: the times shown are west coast time, so itā€™s saying drop off would be about 40 min from the time I pulled the rate at 1:10pm.

2 Likes

Not enough drivers so thereā€™s an almost constant state of surge pricing.

1 Like

This feels like a daft question but Iā€™m not familiar with what a town car might be soā€¦Iā€™m assuming since it holds 4 passengers it also has space for 4 suitcases plus 4 pieces of hand luggage?

1 Like

Think what would be called a saloon in the UK.

1 Like

A town car typically refers to a larger sedan that seats 4 passengers in addition to the driver. It should be able to hold luggage for 4 as well as long as you arenā€™t overpacked. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: However, if you want more room I would go for an SUV, minivan, van, limo, etc.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not 100% sure I know what that is either :joy: but I think I do. Thanks!

1 Like

Overpack?! Me? Never! Thanks!

2 Likes

Really? Iā€™m surprised. Every British person I know calls then saloons. In the US, we call them sedans. Think like a Mercedes S class, an Audi A8, or. BMW 7 series.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a car person so they may well do but I certainly wouldnā€™t. My identification of cars is based solely on colour. But I think my husbandā€™s might be a saloon. It isnā€™t the same as mine anyway and mine is quite small. You wouldnā€™t get 4 suitcases in it.

3 Likes

Wow! Thatā€™s insane. I wonder if itā€™s just spring break surges or if they are just gouging because they can. I saw reports of a rental car shortage over the last couple weeks too.

1 Like

Maybe think of them kind of like US police cars. With the longer front and back of the car, but with a large comfy back seat.

2 Likes

Me too! I donā€™t even drive and I have zero interest in what kind of car it is, as long as itā€™s red. Or silver if I must.

2 Likes