What was I thinking? :)

Happy Friday everyone! DH and I are going to be at WDW 9-1-18 thru 9-9-18. I had everything planned out…just waiting for FP+ window to open…doing some minor adjustments on plans in the mean time. Life was great! Then, I had foot surgery last Tuesday and this week, whilst under the influence of some decent pain medication, I coerced my DD28 and DSIL30 to join us (DH has since taken my pain meds away!) :rofl: And just like that, I’m in full on panic mode. Since this is only our 2nd time visiting WDW, I feel like I am still learning how to do this the “right” way and I have relied heavily on this forum when I’ve needed direction or advice. With our plans basically set and ready to go, adding 2 more people to the plans seems impossible to me…but maybe just maybe…it won’t be as bad as I’m thinking??

As things stand now, the kids won’t be able to stay the entire time we are there, and we will be staying at different resorts based on availability and cost (we are paying for their trip). They will arrive the same day we do but on a later flight and then head home on 9-5-18, flight time TBD. With our park days being set and ADR’s booked, how do I add them without completely scrapping everything? We really don’t want to start over for many reasons but mainly, because of how hard some of our ADR’s were to get. Is there any chance in the world that I could just bring them along to our TS meals and hope they let them join us or, do I have to start looking at rebooking the ADR’s to include them?
Currently, I am the only family member with an MDE account. Should I create one for DD so I can make the room reservations under her name or is there a way to do everything under my account?
And finally, how do I begin to understand how to book FP+ for all of us? Window opens 7-3-18.
I am the planner in the family so of course, I am trying to get DD to give me a complete itinerary right this minute so I can get this going asap - DD isn’t quite on the same page. LOL So much of this is still up in the air but, I know I need to get the hotel reservation done asap and then work on tweaking our plans to add them as much as possible.

Ok, that’s a great start for now - I am sure other questions will pop up along the way but, any advice/suggestions y’all can share would definitely help calm me down. Thanks everyone!

Awe, relax! It’ll all work out in the end, you’ll see :slight_smile:

My gut says to open a 2nd MDE account for your daughter and book their ADRs and FPs separately. It’s a lot easier to get them for 2 people! Then sign up for some alerts to get overlapping ADRs.

1 Like

A separate MDE is not a bad idea but make sure everyone is linked as friends and family. Since your FP window is not open yet plan to Book FP together for the days you will be together. No reason to do only two at a time. You have plenty of time to adjust the ADRs to get a table of 4. Set ADR finder for the hardest ones. Be persistent and patient! Worse case you can do a Testa Bomb and just show up with the extra two. Likely they will be able to seat you eventually. But honestly almost all ADRs should be rebookable for the increased party.

2 Likes

Try modifying your ADR’s. You can modify your party size. You might be surprised with how many of them you can simply add the two addition diners. Then on the ones you can’t, try to book them separately.

2 Likes

Apologize, and tell them you were under the influence, and that you are not prepared to take them this year.

Then start planning a fabulous trip for next year.

4 Likes

DH LOVES this suggestion! :joy:

Blockquote

Try modifying your ADR’s. You can modify your party size. You might be surprised with how many of them you can simply add the two addition diners. Then on the ones you can’t, try to book them separately.

Blockquote

++ I’ve had good luck in the past modifying my party size on Advanced Dinner Reservations

1 Like

Another trick is to call WDW Dining and see if they can help you. If the modifying reservation does not work. The number is 1-407-WDW-DINE. Sometimes they can call the venue manager and get that table for you.

1 Like

Forgot to add, that you still go this September.

1 Like

Thank you! I set up an MDE account for DD and booked her hotel tonight. :slight_smile: I think I have everything linked correctly on both accounts. Was able to rearrange a few reservations to be able to add them to our ADR’s. Only have 1 res that I have TP finder searching for right now. Not too stressful overall. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

DATE NIGHT that night go your separate ways and go and enjoy or send DH and DSIL off together and you and DD have a night out together.

2 Likes

Great suggestion!! TY

Best answer!!! :joy:

1 Like