What to do with Lightsaber?

What is the pro move for what you do with the Lightsaber after Savi’s? I read they won’t hold them for you. If this is true then what’s the plan?

You have one of the coolest, most exclusive souvenirs available at WDW and it comes in its own distinctive carrying case. Everyone will know exactly what you have with you.

There is one only thing to do: STRUT!

That’s what I did!

9 Likes

Haha yes obviously DS will want to strut for a little bit but I don’t know about strutting all day! More like here Dad hold this thing. We were only able to get 9am Savi when the park hours updated last Friday so that’s a lot of strutting.

1 Like

I had an 11:30 AM time and just ended up carrying it all day. It is not very heavy and the case has a sling to carry over your shoulder. I carried it onto MFSR with no issue.

2 Likes

I know I’ve read that they will ship it home if you want, for a modest fee, same as droids, but not sure where I saw it or if that’s currently being done. But I would totally strut in GE for awhile first, regardless. :wink:

3 Likes

The plan is you visit Dok Ondar’s and pick up a Lightsaber Belt clip Then you detach the blade from the hilt and put it into the carrying case. And then you attach the lightsaber hilt itself to the belt clip and you start your walkin’ after it’s on your belt.

2 Likes

I understand your concern, I carried one around for a few hours and it did get a bit annoying. It was too long for my kids to carry and even on me, I occasionally bumped into something with it.

The take away here is that I’d make a terrible Jedi :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

How are you getting to DHS?

If driving, have someone (probably you) go back and put it in the car perhaps?

How old is DS? He can share the strutting with you.

1 Like

We had our lightsaber shipped home which you can arrange from the shop right by Savi’s. Well worth it not to have to carry it around. Of course you could do a little strutting first!

2 Likes

Some people like to use their lightsabers after dark in HS for cool photos.

1 Like

DS is 13. After park close we are walking back to Swan and we have 6am flight home the next morning so hopefully there is still an option to ship it home from the shop in GE. I can’t imagine the TSA being too thrilled with DS trying to bring a lightsaber through security.

Lots of people have taken them through security. I think they’re acceptable as the personal item.

2 Likes

An elegant personal item for a more civilized age.

3 Likes

Sounds like time to implement the “You wanted it. You made it. You carry it.” rule. My parents had that rule (well, not the made it because there weren’t things to make then) with my sister and me from about the time we turned 5.

2 Likes

We shipped it home next door when I bought my son a second extremely overpriced toy he does not play with and sits on a shelf. And then I did it again the very next trip 10 months later. I’m a sucker for spoiling him.

1 Like

Lol the struggle is real you are not alone. Our kids work hard and have been through some mental gymnastics this past year. Plus maybe Dad wants to play with the lightsaber too?

1 Like

That’s actually one of the gems on the TSA website. Someone there has a sense of humor!

This is one of my other favorites:

9 Likes

It also fits in a larger suitcase

those are hilarious :rofl:

3 Likes

Dad has toys too, in boxes collecting dust…because one day they may be worth something I think. LOL. The two of them together. However, I’m not one to talk after spending 100s of dollars (maybe 1000s over the years) on Disney pins and vinylmations (which I was so upset they stopped making). Now my DD13 is going to setup an ebay store to sell the Vinylmations…some of the ones we have are worth $100 now…so I may let the boys be with their saving of toys. :wink:

1 Like