What to do at HS

Our trip is only a week and a half away! So I need to start thinking about how I want to tour. I’m planning on doing a half day in HS - stacking rides in the morning getting there around 3 or 4 and staying till late night.

My plan is to do shows when we get there since it will be hot! Should we do Indiana Jones? I want to do Frozen cause that looks cute and is air conditioned! Slinky and TOT are our only priorities since we have annual passes to DLR and almost everything else is a repeat of what we have in California. Nice to haves include TSM, MMRR, and maybe Smugglers Run. Should we do the Alien ride? Any other shows? We have a 10 year old and grandma with us.

2 Likes

I LOVE the Frozen sing along. The historians are fabulous. DD and I have watched it twice in one day before.

Alien Swirling Saucers is fun and makes me smile.

4 Likes

Oh I just saw they have the Beauty & the Beast show. Should we do that one? Not sure we will have time to do all 3 and yes Frozen sounds the best for our group.

1 Like

I like the Beauty and the Beast one too. Are you dead set that you won’t arrive until 3:00??

I really like the IJ show but it is not air-conditioned. Just be warned! The same is true of Beauty and the Beast, but I feel like I’ve felt hotter at IJ. I would still do them! They’re at least in the shade with fans, but bring in a cold drink or ice cream or something.

Aliens is a clone of Mater. I will get rotten tomatoes thrown at me for saying this, but I kind of like Aliens better. But most people I know, especially DLR people, like Mater much better. I just have a soft spot for those little green guys. Oooooooooooo!

5 Likes

Not dead set at all on arrival time. I just don’t want to be there in the dead heat of the day and I just know we will stay late at Epcot with EEH the night before so will want a relaxed start. I’d rather stay late to catch Fantasmic too!

1 Like

We love Mater and the way it throws you around. I’ll make sure to catch this one!

3 Likes

Last summer, we did a day at HS in July. We started stacking LL and arrived by 11:00. We ended up doing everything except the vacation shorts video and character meets. We were able to sprinkle in shows and rides with AC and we planned a late lunch/early dinner at 50’s prime time. It ended up being a great day!

I would just look at the return times data to see what order to get your LL’s in. But I think it will work great for you!

3 Likes

11 am in July! You are brave. I am worried about the heat. I just checked the weather in FL and it’s 94 at 4 pm right now. I am so looking forward to stacking for a later day. We can’t do that in DLR!

2 Likes

Another show is MuppetVision 3D It’s an indoor theater (air conditioning and seats!) with a silly Muppets show, where you wear the 3D glasses to enjoy the effects. It’s a 17 minute show, and you might have to wait as long as 15 minutes in their indoor holding area, where you can watch the monitors for more Muppets humor. It runs non-stop throughout the day, closing at 8:00 pm on a day like today. It does not have set showtimes (unlike FSA, Indy, BAB).

3 Likes

This also looks like fun! I’ll put Muppets on my list too!

2 Likes

Don’t miss the Frozen Sing Along–it’s just the best!! Another indoor possibility would be the One Man’s Dream movie inside Walt Disney Presents. You could “stack” your indoor experiences and possibly move up your arrival time–Frozen, Muppets, Vacation Shorts, One Man’s Dream, etc. Or intersperse them between outdoor things.

3 Likes

I think so. It’s fun.

Does your 10 year old like meeting characters?

2 Likes

She has to be in the mood for characters. She mostly likes the princesses and we are already doing CRT. She is more of a ride girl for sure.

2 Likes

Couldn’t say this any better. Our family rode this once because the line was short, and absolutely loved it. Of course, we have older kids who sort of grew up with Toy Story etc.

2 Likes

We will try to do the Alien ride since DD is much more into Toy Story than Cars. The Cars land in CA Adventure is lost on her. That and Avengers and Star Wars (which she says is the most boring movie ever!) She is 10 and still loves princesses…maybe in a couple years.

She does love all of the rides though and GOG in CA Adventure is her second favorite… behind Incredicoaster. She is a thrill seeker (for Disney type rides). We can’t wait for the newest Coasters at WDW!!! Planning on trying to ride Cosmic rewind 3 times with EEH!

1 Like

Agree with the others. Frozen and Muppets are both fun with bonuses that they are air-conditioned and have comfortable seating. Win-win-win!

1 Like

Lightning McQueen Racing Academy is another indoor “show”. It’s in an annoying location (by Tower of Terror) but it’s also a nice sit down in air conditioning break

1 Like

a 10 year old? of course you shouldn’t miss Muppets - all that delightful silliness

1 Like

Luckily Muppets closes later than the rest of the shows.