What time to arrive for rope drop?

We will be staying at Royal Pacific. How long will it take us to get to both parks? How much earlier should we get to parks before rope drop? We will be doing Universal Saturday 12/9/17 with CL 4 and IOA on Sunday 12/10/17 with CL 3.

Thank you!

Will you walk? You have a couple of choices : boat or walk. I love the walk and I plan about 15 minutes.

We will walk. Am I correct in that you can only walk to IOA, or can you walk to both? How much time before rope drop should we arrive?

You can walk to both! You walk to CityWalk . Once through security I walked to the right for US, left for IoA.

You will have express pass! You can arrive right at opening!

2 Likes

I agree with @PrincipalTinker: the walk from RPR is relatively short and lovely. We found it was a nice way to get ourselves ready mentally on the way there and to recap on the way back. It’s a little longer to US than IOA, but shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes.

With those crowd levels and EP, you’re probably fine to arrive at rope drop, but my Touringplans brain wouldn’t allow me to be there any less than 30 minutes early! :wink:

1 Like