What time should I arrive?

I read somewhere that the parks are currently opening approximately an hour before the scheduled opening time. My question is: How early should I be arriving at the park to be able to take advantage of the earlier start time? We are a rope drop family so I would normally plan for an hour before the stated time. Should I be planning for 2 hours now? Our trip is end of August 2021.

1 Like

I’d keep watching. They have been changing rope drop procedure. They may even start the 30-minute early entry for on site guests by then (or not).

When I was there last month, arriving at security about 60 minutes before scheduled opening was sufficient to be at a decent spot in the rope drop crowd. 90 might be safer, but with the new procedure, it could be a waste of time if you are held until 30 min before.

1 Like

There have been some recent reports in the Lines app of some parks holding up people prior to park opening, similar to pre COVID rope drop procedures. This makes sense, since there is no longer need for WDW to ensure social distancing.

My trip is in 10 days and I am very anxious about RD and not knowing what to expect… Ugh!

1 Like

Please give us a report on your Rope Drop experiences when you get back home. Have a great time!

1 Like

I have never written a trip report, but I am thinking about trying this time. I have learned so much here… it’s the least I can do, right? :blush:

3 Likes