“What should we do next? Something good, something bad? Bit of both?”...“Your path you must decide.” Trip Report

And you found Nemo

9 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

For a vacation, that’s the most important thing…

4 Likes

I was like “why is this video blurred… ? oh,… I see” :joy:

2 Likes

Oh these are so cute!

I have passed them during attempts at shortcuts before but always assumed they were multi-bed villas.

Important question: does the shade on that high little window close by remote or something? I have been repeatedly traumatized by vrbo’s with poor/no shades on such windows but it looks like it does shut…?

2 Likes

Yes power switch closes it or the world could see you naked at night in your bedroom

4 Likes

Yay! Good to know, thanks!

1 Like

I’ve got thoughts and a few pics but the signal in here is bad but overall :+1:

3 Likes

Lol. It was graphic! Hee hee.

1 Like

DH locked us out of the rental car when he threw his backpack in the trunk of the SUV so it’s gonna be a late night and an early morning. But if I can hike the Great Wall on three hours of sleep when his mom lost her passport in Shanghai then I can do the WAT on that too right. Lol

Our cars at home (Hondas) don’t do this. They won’t lock if the keys are anywhere near the car including in it. And based on how crummy the tablet software in this car is and the recall on the mustang Mach e I am very happy I went with Tesla before the $6k hike in price too.

*one time I rented a Ford Mustang and the key turn lock wouldn’t unlock and we had to wait like 2 hours cuz we were on the outer banks of VA for car service. The next day the tow truck driver who had a friend that worked at ford told me to bang a hair brush on the key and sure enough it unlocked. I mean what is wrong with fords. I’ve always loved my pickups I’ve had with them but it seems that’s all they know how to make. :-(.

5 Likes

:scream_cat: sorry! Hope it gets handled quickly and easily.

1 Like

Me too. They said 25 min but before I got the text I sent the boys home in a Lyft. No need for all of us to have to deal with it. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s so crazy to me in this day and age that cars will still let you do that. I’m trying to think but I’m pretty sure my last two cars wouldn’t let you so obviously that tech has been out for awhile.

1 Like

Let’s see if on two bars I can upload pics now.

13 Likes

11 Likes

Thoughts about the event:

1. the slides in the dark makes em scarier and more fun for the adventurous/older kids
    2)the music was great
    3)the hula and DJ parties were super cute
    4)lines were great except for Gangplank Falls which for some reason was 30 min??? And it’s not as good as Miss Adventure Falls which is longer, better themed and was 5 min. I think Crush n Gusher was about 10-15 min but everything else was 5. We didn’t ride Humunga Cowabunga but it was posted 5. We rode everything else, had lazy river time and surf pool time with 40 min to spare even given our slow start with cabanas and food.
    5)the cabana isn’t worth it for this event. Save the cash and do that when it’s more crowded and burning hot outside with lots of hours in the park to enjoy some downtime and service
  2. it’s a bit chilly at night. The water is fine but standing in line and walking around is not super comfortable so be prepared for that. If you’re super cold natured this is not for you and you can accomplish these short waits by rope dropping as well. For me, short lines are worth a little temp discomfort. I make my kids take me to the spring fed Schlitterbahn which is much colder water for Mothers Day sometimes and it can be cold outside and in the water so I’m more capable of taking a little chill but my boys were more uncomfortable than me and quit before I did riding slides and just got in the water.

Overall I’d probably prefer a full day in the warm sun and more time to enjoy the cabana but this is also a good enough amount of time for TL and it’s a fun event worth doing at least once.

10 Likes

Our current car won’t let me lock my keys in the car. I guess one just gets used to it.

2 Likes

Yup first world problems. Lol

And we’re in. He puffed up some thing with air in the door frame that allowed enough room to stick some long pointy thing between the door and car and unlock it. New tech. Back in the day it was a slim Jim or something they called it in the window

3 Likes

thanks! Good information. I won’t be doing any slides. I’m doing it more for the lack of sun and hopefully less heat. I am so hot natured that I’m looking forward to not being in the sun for swimming. We’re there any flying insects?

2 Likes