What should I pick for my third Fast Pass MK?

Hi,

This October (the 26th) we’ll be going to MK during our Orlando holiday. Since yesterday I was able to reserve fastpass selections.
What should I pick for my last Fastpass? I managed to get Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin (1:30-2:30) and Space Mountain (2:30-3:30) but don’t know what else to get?

At first I wanted to follow the touring plan beneath but couldn’t get SDMT so need to think of something else.

Arrive 30-45 minutes before park opening
 First hour: Peter Pan’s Flight, Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
 Second hour: It’s a Small World, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
 Third hour: Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Jungle Cruise
 Fourth hour: Lunch
 Rest of the day:
Use FP+ for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (suggested FP+ time: early afternoon)
Use FP+ for Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin (suggested FP+ time: afternoon)
Use FP+ for Space Mountain (suggested FP+ time: afternoon)

Hi! I would consider grabbing one for Haunted Mansion or Jungle Cruise. Those standby lines, and the lines for Pirates, can get long by mid day, and those two are outdoor queues, thus my picking them ahead of Pirates! Have fun!

1 Like

Personally I would go for Splash Mountain. The times can vary a lot but it’s a VERY VERY long queue and when it fills up it can take forever to get through the line.

Thanks for you replies.

And when should I ride Seven Dwarfs since I couldn’t get a Fastpass for it?
Should I do it the end of the day?

Do you plan on being there until it closes? Rope drop to close or afternoon break? We typically go right to 7D at rope drop as that is a priority for us. We really try to be at the front at the rope so we are one of the first in line there and it is almost a walk through. Another suggestion would be to see if you can make a pre-RD BOG breakfast so you can head there ahead of the pack. Or you can make it the last ride of the night right at park closing with a bit of a wait.

We do plan to rope drop. Our initial plan was to go right to Peter Pan.

With a bit of luck, just maybe a fastpass reservation from SDMT will be available. I’ll check every day on it.

Your first hour sounds reasonable. As BTMRR will be closed the entire month of Oct, iasw and HM in your second hour is reasonable. On a CL 8 day, I cannot imagine getting Splash, POC, and JC done in one hour (between 1100 and 1200). On the plus side, you might be able to get iasw done in that first hour right after LM, in which case you have 2 hours for HM, Splash, POC, and JC. IMHO this is still quite optimistic, but possible if the stars all line up for you.

Maybe I’m telling you something you already know, but remember that you don’t just park outside the MK and walk into the park. You park, walk (or tram) to the Travel and Ticket Center, wait for and then ride the ferry or monorail, walk to the entrance, wait to go through bag check, and then finally get to the gate. If you’re driving in from offsite, you need to plan to “arrive” 75-90 min prior to park opening.

I would do this as well - everyone seems to say the same thing.

Yup, totally agree! Read too quickly and thought Splash was Space, which you already listed as a FPP. Splash over POC or JC. Sorry!

But watch out for that mid day JC line! If the standby lines there, HM, or POC are long, you might bypass and then try for a 4th FPP (after you use your third/Space Mountain FPP) for one of those on the app on the day of.

Yes, JC queue can be quite long if you catch it at the wrong time. 4th FP, or think about riding it towards the end of the day. We’ve often caught it as effectively a walk-on during the last hour the park is open. Plus the night time gives a totally different feel to the cruise…

We find Jungle Cruise to be a lot more enjoyable after dark anyways.

I would second this as well, having been caught in that long splash line at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. I now do not trust the posted wait times or even the TP expected times. But maybe that’s just me…