What rooms have King beds, Standard Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation

I’m trying to figure out how many of the standard little mermaid rooms have a king bed instead of 2 double beds. It is just my husband and I going. We would like to have a King bed for the 2 of us! I requested a King bed on our reservation, but would like to fax in a certain room. Thanks!

I would guess not many since the room finder doesn’t even list that they have any.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that they don’t but they are likely few and far between. Most of the value resorts are this way. You should also be aware that at the value resorts King bed rooms will go to disabled guests first as these are their ADA rooms. They have a larger bathroom with a roll in shower. Doesn’t mean you can’t get one, it’s just not guaranteed.

This is one of the reasons we don’t stay in value resorts anymore. We dislike the smaller beds and were not able to get a king bed at Pop last year and ended up sleeping in separate beds so we could get some decent sleep but it was weird and we didn’t enjoy it. The moderate and deluxe resorts come with queen beds standard instead of full or twin size, and they have separate categories for booking a king size bed, which is a guaranteed reservation.

Does anyone know which rooms have a King bed? I would like to request that specific room number that has a King bed.

I don’t think anyone on here has been able to stay in one. As ^^ they are kept for guests with disabilities They have roll in showers and other features that some guests need to undertake day to day tasks. Your only chance of getting one is asking at reception on check in if there are any not allocated.

1 Like

The only way to guarantee a king bed room is by staying at a Moderate resort or higher where they are a separate booking class. I would say it’s probably very luck of the draw to get one at a value.

1 Like

I am currently at AoA in Little Mermaid room #8522.
It has a KING bed. However, on the room finder it is listed as 2 double beds.
How do I contact TouringPlans to update?

1 Like

I’m considering myself lucky! I requested a king bed and put that on my res finder.

Aware this is a very old topic…however as it has 2.4k views and I myself found it while looking for this info in 2019 (and couldn’t find that info in one location) here are some room numbers I found which have (or had!) king beds:

7567 - Video walkthrough here: Disney's Art of Animation Resort Little Mermaid Detailed Room Tour - Ariel, Hidden Mickeys - YouTube
7603 - what we got assigned on our latest stay
8522 - mentioned in this topic
9618 - Video walkthrough here: Art of Animation Resort - Little Mermaid Accessible Room - YouTube
9704 - TP video walkthrough here: Art of Animation Little Mermaid Room Tour - YouTube
9729 - Video walkthrough here: Little Mermaid Room Tour at Disney World's Art of Animation Resort - YouTube
9731 - Video walkthrough here: Disney's Art of Animation - Little Mermaid Room Tour | Coral Joy Travel | 2018 - YouTube
9771 - Video walkthrough here: Little Mermaid Room Video Tour - Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World - YouTube
9844 - Video walkthrough here: The Little Mermaid Room! | Disney's Art of Animation Resort | Surprise! - YouTube

Hope that helps someone, and good luck with your room requests!

2 Likes

You are amazing! Thank you so much for putting this list together. Staying at AOA next March and will be requesting a king size room :slight_smile:

1 Like