What Rides close when it rains?

I’m going next week and realized it’s going to rain :sleepy:

I’m glad most Disney rides are inside, but there are a lot of outside rides too.

What rides do you notice tend to close for rain?

1 Like

I believe rides close due to lightning, not necessarily rain, just like at WDW. Rain is more common without lightning in CA. But outdoor rides do sometimes close for weather. That list could include:

Disneyland:

• BTMRR
  • JC
  • Dumbo / Storybookland / Alice / Mad Tea Party
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Autopia
  • Matterhorn
  • Winnie the Pooh

DCA:

• Radiator Springs Racers
  • Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
  • Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
  • Incredicoaster
  • Emotional Whirlwind / Pixar Pal-a-Round / Golden Zephyr / Silly Symphony Swings
  • Goofy’s Sky School
  • Grizzly River Run

I could be forgetting some …

1 Like

I keep this page from the DL website bookmarked: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/weather/

The attractions listed (as of today; subject to change) are:

Disneyland Park
-Alice in Wonderland
-Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes
-Gadget’s Go Coaster
-The Mad Tea Party
-Main Street Vehicles
-Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
-Storybook Land Canal Boats

Disney California Adventure Park
-Golden Zephyr
-Goofy’s Sky School
-Jumpin’ Jellyfish
-Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
-Redwood Creek Challenge Trail

I’ve been to DLR many times in the rain (and probably will be again this weekend!) and this list holds true with my experience.

2 Likes

I wonder what it will feel like to have rain pelting against your face on the roller coasters. If someone doesn’t buy my reservation posted in another thread, I may find out next week.

I went on Mater in the rain once and had a puddle in my lap at the end of the ride (was wearing a skirt)! :joy:

1 Like

Yuck! I sat in a puddle on Splash Mountain last winter when they let the water get too high and it all splashed into my lap. So uncomfortable. I bought a pair of ski pants at the thrift store today, hoping to stay at least a little drier than in jeans, since it’s likely I’ll be there during the deluge. I could just stay in the condo and do a puzzle, but being that close to the parks with an AP, I won’t be able to resist the temptation to wade in and check it out, get soaked, and then trudge back to the condo to wrap myself in a blanket. You should have 2 days of sunshine there this weekend, until Sunday afternoon, so you got lucky. I just keep hoping that sunshine will stretch through Wed.

1 Like

This is great. I feel like I wouldn’t go on most of these. Of the DL list, there’s only Alice in Wonderland, I guess.
At CA, Maybe Goofy’s Sky School, but I don’t really care that much.

I guess I’m more concerned about the Roller Coasters and Radiator Spings

This is the one that feels like it stays down the longest after a rain. Seems like the surface has to be dry to function correctly.

We once did Jungle Cruise during a pretty strong rain (no lightning) and were unfortunately placed in the one small area that wasn’t covered. Not ideal. :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve done the parks in the rain. Not my favorite time, but wore shoe covers, a long raincoat that would cover my seat when I sat down, a hat with a brim & the hood up on the raincoat. I at least wasn’t too uncomfortably wet. Would advise against Incredicoaster in the rain - drops are like needles hitting your face, and that was in a light rain.

1 Like

I actually think it adds something to the experience. :rofl:

1 Like

I’m packing my waterproof socks and shoes and my rain jacket and will still have a good time this weekend, even if it’s wet! But I’m an Oregonian, so dealing with this kind of weather isn’t a big deal to me. And I’d give Incredicoaster a go in the rain, as that would be new for me, LOL. I’ll just be sad if I can’t catch the LNY procession or Magic Happens due to weather. I’m OK with missing Mix Magic FWs (WoC might still go in the rain).

1 Like

It has been pouring this morning but we were prepared!! :blush: :heart: 5 minute wait time for Space and a 13 minute wait for Indy.

3 Likes