What on earth is @mousematt up to now?

Glad to see things are looking up.

Have you been to KSC before? Will you be driving out there? Are you just planning the day?

Also, maybe not for this trip, but have you ever thought about adding in a Disney Cruise from Port Canaveral to any of your trips?

2 Likes

This is great- happy planning! Hopefully not too stressful And mostly fun. I like the suggestion of hotels convenient to DS, have you had a trip like that before?

1 Like

Yes, but in the mid-90s.

No. I’m assuming there’s some kind of package deal from Orlando.

1 Like

What is KSC?

2 Likes

Kennedy Space Centre.

3 Likes

Duh. :rofl:

3 Likes

Like a rocket ride?

3 Likes

Not when you pretend all the kids are still 2 years old. Been using that trick for years…

5 Likes

We did it with grayline in 2019. The transportation part just took ridiculously long, because they picked us up from your disney hotel in a minibus and took us to a central point where we transferred onto a bus (with lots of waiting in between). In the afternoon this took place during rush hour and it took like another hour to get back to disney from that location.

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building Glad you are back. I look forward to the many adventures of you and the Gaggle.

1 Like

I concur :100: with this reasoning. Take advantage while you can!

2 Likes

I’ve come up with some date options. It was surprisingly difficult because I wanted to avoid being there on July 4th. Spent hours looking at price matrices for Virgin and cross-referencing with hotel rates for those dates.

Have established a budget which is adequate and actually equals the savings I made by cancelling the alternative vacations I had booked.

7 Likes

It’s not like we’re going to require you to participate in a recreation of the Surrender at Yorktown.

19 Likes

Ok thanks for asking this because I assumed it meant Kansas City and was wondering why that would be an essential part of a U.S. tour. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(I mean, the National WWI museum is there and it is excellent, but time is limited to see the whole continent. LOL)

3 Likes

I’ve looking at the following schedule:

Day 1: Arrival, check-in to ASMu
Day 2: WDW
Day 3: WDW
Day 4: WDW
Day 5: WDW, late check-in to Endless Summer
Day 6: UOR
Day 7: UOR
Day 8: UOR
Day 9: UOR, late flight back to UK

So four park days at each of WDW and UOR. I’m wondering if that is too much UOR, though one day might be VB and another might be KSC.

Also, the schedule may be reversed depending on dates. UOR room pricing goes up at the weekend, but WDW’s stays constant. Interesting for the hotels I’m looking at, the rates are identical.

5 Likes

US independence from the UK and the revolutionary war are far less significant events in our history than in yours. If you’re thinking we’re bitter and resentful about it, we’re not.

But it will mean that whichever park I’m at will be at crowd level 10 and that doesn’t sound like fun to me.

5 Likes

Yeah, but we’re the hegemonial power du jour so we get to decide of it’s a big deal.

Although I agree with you on the CL10 days.

3 Likes

Snort :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Not a thing.

3 Likes

I’m so glad you’re back! I love your trip reports! For your trip to NYC if you have time I would suggest taking a train for at least a day trip up the Hudson Valley. If you take Metro North-Hudson line there are many stops along the way that would have short Uber rides to historic sites or take it to the end in Poughkeepsie NY. There is a state park there called Walkway over the Hudson that is an old railroad bridge turned into a pedestrian walkway over the river. The views are beautiful especially in the fall. It’s also about a fifteen minute drive to the Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt National historic sites. Or you can take an Amtrak train instead to historic Rhinbeck, NY. It’s a very walkable village that dates back to pre-revolution. It’s also close to the same historic sites as Poughkeepsie. If you want more information on the Poughkeepsie or Rhinebeck areas I would be happy to help. :grinning:

4 Likes